• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

captaincaveman1

Here, I'll start with my bonneville. Jacket is a Hein Gericke Dakar. It's from the 80s-90s if you consider that vintage. :p

Its 4 pocket front and shoulder/elbow reinforcements remind me of the Trialmaster except it's leather.

006-1.jpg

Here's another pic of the bonnie. It's a 60 rwhp fury! :lol:

Untitled.jpg

This bike hardly gets ridden on the road anymore. Jacket is a Foxcreek cafe. One of my favorites but I wear it more off the bike rather than on it.

005-1.jpg

captaincaveman1

Nice. Reminds me of the R61. Never heard of this bike before but I've always liked the older a/c R-bikes.

How's it ride w/o the sidecar? I've never ridden a sidecar bike so I think I'd prefer it in its present state.

MikeyB-17

I don't have any shots of me with it (I don't wear leather on the bike anyway, my stuff is all fabric), but here is this old shot of my VFR (Interceptor in the US I believe) which most of the guys on here will have seen before.

DSCF14991.jpg

Love that Bonneville-I have a terrible urge to get a Triumph. Maybe one day.

captaincaveman1

Thanks. There's an armory in Flemington NJ not far from me. Here's some more of the two out-dated rust buckets:

008-2.jpg

And some more... As you can see I like to take pics of this one. It's one of the more photogenic moto's I've had the pleasure to own.

004-1.jpg

This is the funnest AND slowest bike I've ever owned and I've owned a fair number of motos... Proof that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

021-1.jpg

captaincaveman1

I went through a textile phase a few years ago. I still wear textile pants on the streets vs. leather. But nowadays I almost exclusively wear leather jackets. Textile has a better temperature range and insulates against cold better and is more waterproof. But I only ride on sunny days now so I've dropped the textile out of the line-up.

Nice VFR. Nothing sexier than a bike w/ a SSSA.

(This pic doesn't really show off the swing arm.)

DSCN0936.jpg

MikeyB-17 said:
I don't have any shots of me with it (I don't wear leather on the bike anyway, my stuff is all fabric), but here is this old shot of my VFR (Interceptor in the US I believe) which most of the guys on here will have seen before.

DSCF14991.jpg

Love that Bonneville-I have a terrible urge to get a Triumph. Maybe one day.

better duck

Here is one of me on my bike in Scotland, July 2009. A friend (on his Honda Pan European) and I (on my BMW K1200RS) rode through the UK in a busy week: we rode a total of 3500 KM that week, starting in Newcastle, a great great biking week riding all the way along the East, North and West coast of Scotland, through the Lake District, motorway to London, from there to Duxford and back on the Saturday, and back to mainland Europe and home through Dover - Calais on Sunday. We were there to ride, and ride we did, enjoying the beautiful scenery on the way. Terrific way to spend a week away from home!

IMG_0315.jpg

I bought the bike new in 2002 and when in Scotland I passed the 100.000 km mark. Absolutely love this bike.

Here's another photograph, not so much of the bike, but more a taste of what riding a bike with a couple of friends can mean and feel like. This is in France, at a monument for a village destroyed in WW 1, near Verdun, France:

Spada280805-030905184.jpg

MikeyB-17

captaincaveman1 said:
Keep 'em coming. Surprised no one has chimed in yet w/ a Harley. So far we only have Brit, Japanese, and Chinese motos.

Don't worry-no doubt Bill, Van, Allen and Tommer will be along with their U.S. Iron in due course. :D

Vcruiser

bristolherc said:
Vcruiser said:
Lets go bristolhero!...I gotta tow strap..!Van

Just wait a minute while I go ask my Mum, and I'll get my Bristolhero cape, you know, tall buildings and all that.....

BeVan

No need. Just put on some shades and go disgised as BeVan.
I'll ride as plain ole Van...and buy the coldbeer. Anyone gets huffy with that...we'll find a phonebooth.
VB

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Lets go bristolhero!...I gotta tow strap..!

Van

Can I bring my Peugeot 102SP moped, it usually needs a tow rope :( .....I'm afraid to take it off the airport :p

It states it's a two stroke but if you pace yourself you can keep it to a mild heart attack :twisted: ......Is Peugeot French for P.O.S?

Peddl'n Pwr

Vcruiser

hacker said:
Vcruiser said:
Lets go bristolhero!...I gotta tow strap..!

Van

Can I bring my Peugeot 102SP moped, it usually needs a tow rope :( .....I'm afraid to take it off the airport :p

It states it's a two stroke but if you pace yourself you can keep it to a mild heart attack :twisted: ......Is Peugeot French for P.O.S?

Peddl'n Pwr

You'll need to post a pic like everyone else. I don't ..or even care to speak French. However..I don't think you can take off from an airport in a Peugeot(but I could be wrong). Anyhow..I thought you were Italian.
Honest..my best advice is set the idle way down low on that thing..and get yourself a nice American made guitar to accompany the pinging.
Best of luck
Your Buddy
VB

oose

Hi,

Some great looking speed machines wish I could say the same about ours although it does have character! and is a nice colour!. Here is I am with my son and our Czech Jawa 1958 model, not presently road worthy few bits missing here and there, all thought the two of us do have planes to work on it this summer. ;)

x1.jpg

x2-1.jpg

yours stu