• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

Juanito

Three on hand..

Unboxed and assembled one today... Reissue Mongoose Supergoose

View attachment 79959View attachment 79960View attachment 79961View attachment 79962View attachment 79963
Funny thing I just ran across this. Just picked up a "Stranger things" Mongoose repro. I had dozens of BMX bikes as a kid since we were always trading frames, forks, and parts, but I never had a Mongoose even though I really wanted one.

If you are into vintage BMX, I had an Ashtabula in 1977 or 1978. An unbelievable heavy, multi-gusseted piece of steel. By 1979 or 1980 no one wanted something like that (everyone wanted a Red Line, DG, or GT) and I couldn't give that thing away. Today, that is one of the more sought after vintage BMX frames. I can't even remember what I did with it or how I got rid of it. It is funny how things change over time.

The green Schwinn Stingray is an exact copy of the Wheelie Kid's (Mark Mandeville) bike from the intro of On Any Sunday.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Just saw this. I didn't know you were into motorcycles. I started riding off-road, motocross, and some enduros in 1975 so a little after you, but that early period of motocross in its infancy, with all of the innovation and true factory works bikes was an amazing time to be involved with the sport. The thing I always wanted to try was speedway.
Juanito
It was a great time for the sport of MotoX.....I remember seeing those guys race at the Pro Moto X series held in Unidilla NY. They had tricked out bikes that we thought were rockets. In fact the 250 CC class factory bikes were only putting out about 35 horwepower to the rear wheel, while the unlimited class 450 Radial Head Maicos and 400 Huskies were putting out around 40 to 45 HP. By todays standards a stock 125 moto cross bike is running about 36 HP. The mono shock suspension systems on todays bikes lets the rider go faster, jump farther and control the bike easier than anything we had back then.

johnwayne

For you bike fans out there thought I’d post this pic. Taken last week in Rye, Sussex Uk its apparently the only one around, built in 1926 and buried so the Nazis wouldnt find it during WWII France. Totally unrestored its all original, the owner reckoned its worth more than all the other 15-20 modern bikes together, in the parked area there at the time!!! Helmet is from 1942 and the goggles from Russian tank driver of same period.
BC9F1DFB-6B3F-40FB-BD34-D1E981A1C877.jpeg

CombatWombat

Never had one back in the day. Did have the Original Green Machine though.

Too big for the Green Machines they put out a while back.

If I ever learn to weld I might knock one up...
Jeez it looks like the hand me down I got off my brother in the early 90's..... though I swear it had a Malvern Star above the forks lol

ButteMT61

Got my son and I a little "the world is ending" transpo to offset $7+/gallon gas here!
I've been riding over 47 years, and this might be the best bang/most fun for the buck I've ever spent on motorcycling!
No Ducati V4, and that's OK...these bikes make you smile, and inexpensive, and a blast!
His girlfriend's father also got one, so they delivered them all to the house...

IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_5759.jpeg

B-Man2

Got my son and I a little "the world is ending" transpo to offset $7+/gallon gas here!
I've been riding over 47 years, and this might be the best bang/most fun for the buck I've ever spent on motorcycling!
No Ducati V4, and that's OK...these bikes make you smile, and inexpensive, and a blast!
His girlfriend's father also got one, so they delivered them all to the house...

View attachment 81191View attachment 81192
Would love to own a royal Enfield!!!

Micawber

My dad was into bikes but the interest skipped a generation and both my son and daughter have bikes - and cars too which were always my preference right from the off.

My son has a couple of machines, one day to day and the other an old Matchless that he bought as a good runner but for reasons best known to him he started to strip down on the pretext it needed a de-coke but the strip down went further than that ...and then stalled and there it has sat for too long. Having restored classic cars and other vehicles in the past, and worked on dad's bikes I'm hopeful I can persuade hime to let me sort it out - health permitting.

Below is my daughter doing her thing on her late 80's grey Jap import which was featured in a classic bike guide magazine recently. She lavishes just as much love on that thing as she does her pony.

Cat02.jpg

Pa12

Hmmm. Know one noticed the little pun in the race plate numbers on my wife’s bike and my bike. Must be a clean bunch out there. I’ll watch my manors from now on;)

ButteMT61

My dad was into bikes but the interest skipped a generation and both my son and daughter have bikes - and cars too which were always my preference right from the off.

My son has a couple of machines, one day to day and the other an old Matchless that he bought as a good runner but for reasons best known to him he started to strip down on the pretext it needed a de-coke but the strip down went further than that ...and then stalled and there it has sat for too long. Having restored classic cars and other vehicles in the past, and worked on dad's bikes I'm hopeful I can persuade hime to let me sort it out - health permitting.

Below is my daughter doing her thing on her late 80's grey Jap import which was featured in a classic bike guide magazine recently. She lavishes just as much love on that thing as she does her pony.

View attachment 81221

I had an '88 Honda Hawk GT like the one above, but red. FANTASTIC bikes! And way ahead of their time! Nice to see women riders out there. I think the industry has made more bikes appealing and built for smaller folks, and I see more and more ladies riding now. I truly miss that bike!

Micawber

I had an '88 Honda Hawk GT like the one above, but red. FANTASTIC bikes! And way ahead of their time! Nice to see women riders out there. I think the industry has made more bikes appealing and built for smaller folks, and I see more and more ladies riding now. I truly miss that bike!

She is definitely smitten with hers and kudos to her she specifically tracked one down as it would be the right height for her. She does virtually all her own servicing and work on it too.

Pa12

I did but didn't want to flag up what a filthy mind I have :D
Wasn’t actually planned. Had 2 number decals left from a previous project. I thought, shit all I have is 2 nines left. Can’t use the same number on both bikes. Hang on, I think I have a cheeky idea. She didn’t see the humour in it. Gave me a balling out( and for those like minded out there, not the good kind) and made me assure her that I wouldn’t point it out to anyone. Well the bikes have been gone for 12 years, and in pete’s world the statute of limitations are up.;)