• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

B-Man2

You've done flat track races ! Awesome ! :)
I would love to see a race. I find it very impressive.
It seems to me that this discipline doesn't exist in Europe.
I actually started out doing hare scambles and 1/2 mile flat track . Then in about 1968 the Europeans came to the US and brought Moto X with them . We were all amazed at their abilities with a bike . Doing jumps and covering rough ground and whoopty dos with speed and ease . Meanwhile never sitting on the bike but standing on the pegs the entire 45 minute race . We were astounded at guys like Torsten Hallman from Norway on a Husqyarna and Joel Robert and Roger DeCoster riding CZs . We didn’t have anybody that could come close to them . It was a great time and a great learning experience .

bfd70

0CBC6F0A-5174-4483-B39B-CF2FA989C888.jpeg

HD and LW ANJ-4

Greg Gale

So after paying monthly scooter rental for over a year I realized that I could have used the money to just buy a bike. So I did. My first manual bike, a 200cc Honda Tiger custom. I have to get used to the clutch and the size but it’s considerably more fun to ride one of these than a scooter :)

1B751FCE-E223-4234-9017-B27A3E189F8B.jpeg
2D7FFFA2-B43E-46BE-84C5-470B11A7C7E0.jpeg

pierregloom

KeepmflyinTX

2012 Harley Street Glide with 22K miles. I Bought it new but my riding has slowed down in recent years. Top photo is in the TX hill country near Austin TX. Bottom photo is Galveston TX. The body of water beside me is the Gulf of Mexico. Wearing a leather vest instead of a jacket… hope that counts. Great post with some really fine scooters.

Attachments

• 33C9A8DD-25AA-4CCE-A0AE-8CA455DC254E.jpeg
    33C9A8DD-25AA-4CCE-A0AE-8CA455DC254E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
  • 6DC38F8C-DE99-4BFB-A7CD-3A254F14902E.jpeg
    6DC38F8C-DE99-4BFB-A7CD-3A254F14902E.jpeg
    968 KB · Views: 131

Pa12

Bringing back some memories . My first bike was a 1967 Triumph Bonneville. I loved that bike . It was that silver blue Triumph color . I paid $700.00 for it used . At the time it was a reach to save up all that money . By today’s values it was about half the cost of a new Good Wear :D
I eventually sold it for money for my first Harley . An XLCH Sportster with an air brushed dessert scene on the tank .View attachment 56180
Nice. Had a 76 ironhead sportster. Sold it 2 years ago and not in bikes anymore. As a comparison on the Bonny, my brother just bought a 70 650, all original in excellent condition. 10000 Canadian.

B-Man2

Nice. Had a 76 ironhead sportster. Sold it 2 years ago and not in bikes anymore. As a comparison on the Bonny, my brother just bought a 70 650, all original in excellent condition. 10000 Canadian.
Wow… !
$10,000 Canadian = $7658.00 US
The price of a vintage Triumph has certainly gone up. I wish I would have kept that 67 Bonneville but the Lucas electrical system just drove me nuts :rolleyes:

Juanito

I actually started out doing hare scambles and 1/2 mile flat track . Then in about 1968 the Europeans came to the US and brought Moto X with them . We were all amazed at their abilities with a bike . Doing jumps and covering rough ground and whoopty dos with speed and ease . Meanwhile never sitting on the bike but standing on the pegs the entire 45 minute race . We were astounded at guys like Torsten Hallman from Norway on a Husqyarna and Joel Robert and Roger DeCoster riding CZs . We didn’t have anybody that could come close to them . It was a great time and a great learning experience .
Just saw this. I didn't know you were into motorcycles. I started riding off-road, motocross, and some enduros in 1975 so a little after you, but that early period of motocross in its infancy, with all of the innovation and true factory works bikes was an amazing time to be involved with the sport. The thing I always wanted to try was speedway.