• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

Thomas Koehle

new - will pick her up in 2 weeks

rgz6RUO.jpg

JNN4uhI.jpg

rBeD8yD.jpg

ButteMT61

My very first "bike" was a Benelli 50cc. I've looked for one ever since for the sake of memories. My neighbor gave it to me - said it didn't run. Spent a whole summer working on it on the side porch of the house and got it going. Rode it until it literally fell apart...hoping to find one someday again.

B-Man2

Was looking for photos of the British bikes i used to ride in the early '60s (15-20 year old plodders like Matchboxes, BSAs Triumphs etc,picked up for a song) but all have disappeared, did come across this of my commuter bike in the late 70s/80s... my daughter is 41 now !) View attachment 56167 I
Bringing back some memories . My first bike was a 1967 Triumph Bonneville. I loved that bike . It was that silver blue Triumph color . I paid $700.00 for it used . At the time it was a reach to save up all that money . By today’s values it was about half the cost of a new Good Wear :D
I eventually sold it for money for my first Harley . An XLCH Sportster with an air brushed dessert scene on the tank .
D89492AA-E8AF-4B0D-8ACA-231C9F6F32DF.png

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Thomas is it still a softtail or is it a hardtail .The gas tank look very German think Nimbus early BMW .I cant say I am crazy about the wheels spokes , tires are Coker by the look of them be careful .Good luck with it mate .

Jeff

B-Man2

Thomas is it still a softtail or is it a hardtail .The gas tank look very German think Nimbus early BMW .I cant say I am crazy about the wheels spokes , tires are Coker by the look of them be careful .Good luck with it mate .

Jeff
Jeff
I’m guessing it’s an older solid frame hard tail as the old style spring solo seat and solid swing arm assembly are usually tell tale signs of a hard tail, unless it’s got shocks under the engine/ transmission as the softies have .

Thomas Koehle

Jeff
I’m guessing it’s an older solid frame hard tail as the old style spring solo seat and solid swing arm assembly are usually tell tale signs of a hard tail, unless it’s got shocks under the engine/ transmission as the softies have .

Thanks Burt to step in ... - actually this is a 2013 softail made up to get that "oldschool" look - i already own a 48 PAN in a rigid frame and wanted something reliable ...

Not so fancy with those "Big Spokes" either - will swap the wheels to standard-spoke wheels as soon as i fetched the bike

Thats my 48 PAN

QxOOWpC.jpg

And that is the 2018 Softail Slim with a 5 Star Doniger

pL7hIF5.jpg

Micawber

Took a little trip out this morning. Delightfully autumnal weather ! Stopped at a memorial for RAF Chedburgh.
View attachment 63771View attachment 63772View attachment 63773

My daughter saw those photos and went "oooooh, aaaaah" Dave as she is getting into bikes and starting toward her licence this month. She's passed her car test a couple of years ago and has had her own car since so has a bit of road sense, going on the back of her brother's bike hasn't put her off one bit.

Hope your dad improves soon mate.

B-Man2

Took a little trip out this morning. Delightfully autumnal weather ! Stopped at a memorial for RAF Chedburgh.
View attachment 63771View attachment 63772View attachment 63773
Ahhh fond memories … I had one of the first generation 1 Yamaha DT -1s which had a white tank. No high fenders or 21 inch moto X front wheels . We had to change those out ourselves . Back in those days you could buy from Yamaha something called a “ gyt kit “ which consisted of a different piston , rings and cylinder and a different tail pipe called an expansion chamber that boosted the horse power up to what was at that time pretty potent at 30 horsepower . It was my first race bike that I used for flat track ( you had to change the tires to smooth 19 inch rims or moto X , back to the 21 inch wheel and knobby tires . We also would reduce the size of the front sprocket for moto X and increase the sprocket for flat track or Hare Scrambles . So thanks for the trip down memory lane Dave . Absolutely love your bike . ( saving the photo to my favs )

Kermit3D

Ahhh fond memories … I had one of the first generation 1 Yamaha DT -1s which had a white tank. No high fenders or 21 inch moto X front wheels . We had to change those out ourselves . Back in those days you could buy from Yamaha something called a “ gyt kit “ which consisted of a different piston , rings and cylinder and a different tail pipe called an expansion chamber that boosted the horse power up to what was at that time pretty potent at 30 horsepower . It was my first race bike that I used for flat track ( you had to change the tires to smooth 19 inch rims or moto X , back to the 21 inch wheel and knobby tires . We also would reduce the size of the front sprocket for moto X and increase the sprocket for flat track or Hare Scrambles . So thanks for the trip down memory lane Dave . Absolutely love your bike . ( saving the photo to my favs )

You've done flat track races ! Awesome ! :)
I would love to see a race. I find it very impressive.
It seems to me that this discipline doesn't exist in Europe.