• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

Thomas Koehle

I prefer wearing the old vintage leathers when riding. The jacket is 1940 as are the leather jodhpurs. The WW2 3 buckle Patton boots were my father's he wore when he was on Iwo Jima. He had just traded his Marine issued low ankle boots with a tanker on the transport ship. He said he was so glad he did too, because he said the black sand was a nightmare. Those other guys with the low ankle boots with the canvas leggings were complaining of the sand getting in and cutting blisters on their feet. View attachment 39330

Awesome outfit - would perfectly fit my 48 Pan ...

Are these WW2 tanker boots?

Rory Schultz

20200617_144516.jpg20200617_144217.jpg20200617_145004.jpg20200617_145023.jpg20200617_144544_HDR.jpg20200617_145058_HDR.jpg

Yes, I am pretty sure they are WW2 since my father wore them and he told me how he got them. My father was a marine liferUSMC in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. I collect jackets, jodphurs and boots , not to mention all the art and bronzes and historical stuff. Here is a photo I went to the closet to take a photo of them a few minutes ago. But my current collection is nothing to what I used to have before my studio burned down in 1996 where I lost 95 percent of my collection. But what is the real heartbreak for me as for my father's items is that all of his uniforms from his life career, medals, photographs and the serious part of his whole life was in a storage unit and someone broke in and stole his life. I have only a few things of his that were in my studio that did not get destroyed.

You see the Dehner boots? I found those unworn still in original box with belt/crossover, silver spurs (real silver) boot hooks, boot spreaders and gauntlets. The officer who ordered them custom made died from his injuries incurred in WW1 after the war was over a few years. The family said he suffered for years before passing. He never wore them and they ended up being shipped around until a family member claimed them. I bought them from the grand daughter for the whole thing for 500. US dollars. I was in shock because these not only fit perfectly but looked and felt like they had just been made. They were not dried out or anything, I did not have to put any oils to it.

Thomas Koehle

View attachment 39331View attachment 39332View attachment 39334View attachment 39335View attachment 39333View attachment 39336

Yes, I am pretty sure they are WW2 since my father wore them and he told me how he got them. My father was a marine liferUSMC in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. I collect jackets, jodphurs and boots , not to mention all the art and bronzes and historical stuff. Here is a photo I went to the closet to take a photo of them a few minutes ago. But my current collection is nothing to what I used to have before my studio burned down in 1996 where I lost 95 percent of my collection. But what is the real heartbreak for me as for my father's items is that all of his uniforms from his life career, medals, photographs and the serious part of his whole life was in a storage unit and someone broke in and stole his life. I have only a few things of his that were in my studio that did not get destroyed.

You see the Dehner boots? I found those unworn still in original box with belt/crossover, silver spurs (real silver) boot hooks, boot spreaders and gauntlets. The officer who ordered them custom made died from his injuries incurred in WW1 after the war was over a few years. The family said he suffered for years before passing. He never wore them and they ended up being shipped around until a family member claimed them. I bought them from the grand daughter for the whole thing for 500. US dollars. I was in shock because these not only fit perfectly but looked and felt like they had just been made. They were not dried out or anything, I did not have to put any oils to it.

WOW!

You got an collection here!

I really like those boots - especially the WW2 cavalry boots - even though there are some decent repops on the market none of them looks like your pair anyway

Rory Schultz

WOW!

You got an collection here!

I really like those boots - especially the WW2 cavalry boots - even though there are some decent repops on the market none of them looks like your pair anyway
Which WW2 boots are you referring to? The Patton style or the Dehner? The russet colored ones are pre WW2. The 3 buckle Patton are WW2.

Rory Schultz

Oh woo, down fella....so you're the one who has been shadowing my 14 year old daughter! …..LOL Just kidding. I do not know any Roxanne Schultz......my family is humongous! Give you an example, my grandfather was born in a covered wagon in 1863 going across Texas. He became a Texas Ranger when in his late teens along with his cousins Wade Schultz and Lawrence Ross (Wade and Lawrence were the ones who rescued Cynthia Parker(mother of Quanah Parker) from the Comanche Indians and Ross eventually became Governor of Texas) they all outlived several wives. But they all had at least 12 kids each. My grandfather outlived 3 wives...he had 6 kids from the first wife, 4 or 5 from the next one and 13 from his last wife. The last one was Native American Indian. Each one of those children had 6 to 12 kids and so on.....that is just a fraction of how large my family is. My own father said his brothers and sisters had anywhere from 6 to 12 kids each. I have cousins that lived a couple of miles from me that I never met. I went to one of my favorite cousins funeral because he was an Arlington Texas police officer (ton of relatives are military and or police) and was blown away by how large our family is. By a fluke I started doing that family ancestry thing and was floored by how large and how famous a ton of my family members are. It is just too overwhelming the list of members in my family. Just reading up on them gives me a migraine headache!!! I am not kidding about what a nightmare it was doing the research, it became a true nightmare. When I started the research going thru the archives held at Salt lake City Utah it first off stated that I was related to some 25,000 or so people across the globe...(I was floored) When I started seeing the names and locations then it led me to find out how I was connected to this person or that person and it is really a nightmare following all the branches and making the connections. I became obsessed with connecting the dots.....In fact, thinking about it now it is giving me a migraine....I am going to go lay down with an ice pack.

Thomas Koehle

well oppose to "German Engineering" i currently work on my "Milwaukee steel" - wanted to make her a bit more personal (and louder) and swapped the position of the license plate, mini-turnindicators, removed all that crappy plastic from the back, vintage-threaded tyres and still waiting for the new exhaust to arrive ...

before:
wGZvQfy.jpg

current:
xjoX5s1.jpg

Thomas Koehle

done ...

pOp0gIy.jpg

another sideview before the changes for comparison

hCN54ZL.jpg

4BiESV4.jpg

bMnjTZE.jpg

the tyres are "whitewall" not "bluewall" ... :)

the blue stuff is for protection of the White band when stacking the tyres and washes off with warm water and soap