• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Post Pics of You and Your Bikes

Tommer45

Active Member
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Not sure about the riding in t-shirts myself . Roads are too busy over here for that as well as it normally being too damn cold !

Ride safe ,
Dave
Dave, t-shirts were my pre-crash attire. It took 70 feet of asphalt to show me why the leather jacket hanging in my closet was a good idea!

Tommer
 

Tommer45

Active Member
Caveman, I'm in Jersey too.. I was wishing I was out on the bike today. All week should be beautiful. The wife's on her way home from the gym, the kids are in bed, I think I might pass on some romance tonight and head out for a spin!

Tommer


Here's Blue Dawn (my cycle) in a post apocalyptic shot...






Here's some more Harley action for you guys.. my bro and I down in Daytona for bike week.

 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Mikey ----- just get one lad ! Go on, you know you want to :)

Dave
 

Falcon_52

Active Member
Tommer45 said:
Caveman, I'm in Jersey too.. I was wishing I was out on the bike today. All week should be beautiful. The wife's on her way home from the gym, the kids are in bed, I think I might pass on some romance tonight and head out for a spin!

Tommer


Here's Blue Dawn (my cycle) in a post apocalyptic shot...






Here's some more Harley action for you guys.. my bro and I down in Daytona for bike week.

Tommer - that is a sweet-looking machine!!! I hope my Thunderbird doesn't read this post. :) Are those the Triumph fork gaiters on there or aftermarket?

Ride safe - there are a lot of nutty drivers out there.

Noel
 

MikeyB-17

Well-Known Member
[quote="JACKET_ HEAD Mikey ----- just get one lad ! Go on, you know you want to :) [/quote]

Don't I wish-the one I want is the Sprint ST-there's a lovely black one down my local dealer. A mere eight grand. Or there's the Rocket III-only thirteen grand! Not any time soon, I fear.
:(
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Mikey, Kawa W650s go from £1650 to about £3500 for an '05 plate . Loads of fun and even more retro than the modern Trumps. The price of a decent watch !

Dave
 

injunjack

New Member
yep, if one has to ride something newer than 1930, my vote is to Kawa W650 also.
very nice start to a real nice bobber...

Jack
 

captaincaveman1

New Member
Dunno why Kawi stopped importing the w650. I think they could blow Triumph right out of the retro market by reintroducing that little bike. I'd get the cafe version of course.

They're even hard to find on the used market stateside. Folks who have them don't let them go.

Here's a custom cafe. Nice.

 
A

Anonymous

Guest
There's a lot of great photos of Dubs on the web. LOTS in Germany and Japan set up as retro cafe racers.

Jack's bike is a sweet one too !

Dave
 

MikeyB-17

Well-Known Member
All very nice, lads, but I don't actually want retro. What I want is one of these:-



Can't be doing with all that chrome I'm afraid!
 

Peter Graham

Well-Known Member
sealbeachbum said:
Hey Peter, when are you going to break out your old racing pics?
Ok, here you go. Taken in 95 and 96. First three pics are a Yamaha FZR600. The last one is a Kawasaki GPX750. Good days. I loved racing. I've lots more pics that I'll have to post someday.








Sadly I'm now temporarily bikeless. I sold my Triumph speed triple last year. Here it is, or was.



My son Teo got his first bike at Christmas. He's showing talent already. A potential racer !



Some very impressive bikes there chaps. That Indian is just beautiful.
 

Tommer45

Active Member
Falcon_52 said:
Tommer - that is a sweet-looking machine!!! I hope my Thunderbird doesn't read this post. :) Are those the Triumph fork gaiters on there or aftermarket?
[/color]

They're Triumph. I was looking at some aftermarket gaiters but ended up getting these for free as part of my wheelin' and dealin' when I bought the bike. I think they retail for around $45, but since the fork legs need to be removed they get you on installation.

How about some Thunderbird pics!

Tommer
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Peter Graham said:
sealbeachbum said:
Hey Peter, when are you going to break out your old racing pics?
Ok, here you go. Taken in 95 and 96. First three pics are a Yamaha FZR600. The last one is a Kawasaki GPX750. Good days. I loved racing. I've lots more pics that I'll have to post someday.

quote]

Fantastic Peter! You have cahonas of steel ! :) So were you ever up against the late, great Joey Dunlop ?

Dave
 

Peter Graham

Well-Known Member
JACKET_ HEAD said:
So were you ever up against the late, great Joey Dunlop ?
I knew Joey. A real gent and someone not afraid to get his hands dirty. I raced against him a handful of times. I could just about hold my own with him on the circuits although I never beat him but the real road races were a different matter. He was just so quick and so neat that not many of us stood a chance against him. I have deep respect for Joey. Not just as a racer but as an all round good human being.
 
Top