• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible Vintage 63rd TAC FTR SQ Jacket?

Tigga G

Hi! I am hoping that I can get some help on dating a leather flying jacket that I have. This seemed like the right place to ask!!
IMG_1865.JPG

bazzer

Could well be the right place but we do like to know a bit about new members before investing time in responding to queries, in fact we have an introductory section for just that purpose :)
I
Welcome it's a very friendly and informative site
I do agree itd only polite to introduce yourself in members section just a little bit about yourself and what interest you
I would also advise you to take a few more pictures hi Res with the labels if not been removed
Baz

Tigga G

Could well be the right place but we do like to know a bit about new members before investing time in responding to queries, in fact we have an introductory section for just that purpose :)
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry I haven't been able to find the section to introduce myself in the members section? Can you advise me on how to find it please?

Micawber

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry I haven't been able to find the section to introduce myself in the members section? Can you advise me on how to find it please?

No problem, it can be found under the rather ambiguous title of 'members bios' :)

Tigga G

No problem, it can be found under the rather ambiguous title of 'members bios' :)
Hi Steve, Im sorry to bother you again but I cannot find the members bios bit anywhere on the site? Is there somewhere on my profile that I can add info about myself?
Many thanks
Tigga

917_k

Okay, I have some time to kill whilst making lunch, so I’ll save you some hassle. This is a ‘civilian mall jacket’* that someone has stuck some patches on. It’s not a military issue jacket.

*Mall jacket is sometimes used on this forum as a slang term to refer to fairly cheap, ‘made in China’ or similar, leather fashion jackets that are loosely based on military issue jacket designs. In this case it’s roughly similar to a G-1.

Stick around though, if you’re into Air Force (or military in general) jackets then you’ll enjoy this place. Heck, this jacket might even be a ‘gateway’ for you into a genuine issue garment.

Last edited:

Tigga G

Okay, I have some time to kill whilst making lunch, so I’ll save you some hassle. This is a ‘civilian mall jacket’* that someone has stuck some patches on. It’s not a military issue jacket.

*Mall jacket is sometimes used on this forum as a slang term to refer to fairly cheap, ‘made in China’ or similar, leather fashion jackets that are loosely based on military issue jacket designs. In this case it’s roughly similar to a G-1.

Stick around though, if you’re into Air Force (or military in general) jackets then you’ll enjoy this place. Heck, this jacket might even be a ‘gateway’ for you into a genuine issue garment.
Thank you so much for the information. I hope you enjoy your lunch!
Tigga

Chandler

Looks a lot like an old '70s Schott jacket. Is there a tag inside, below the collar?

Mine is the model without the fur collar or fleece lining, but one of my friends had one that looked just like yours.

Last edited:

Tigga G

Looks a lot like an old '70s Schott jacket. Is there a tag inside, below the collar?

Mine is the model without the fur collar or fleece lining, but one of my friends had one that looked just like yours.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, there isnt a tag inside but I thought it was a 70s jacket also .

B-Man2

Hi TG
Welcome to VLJ!
Yep .. you have a commercially made jacket that someone has sewn some patches on to give it the appearance of a military flight jacket . Wear it and enjoy it . If you’d like to learn some more about vintage jackets particularly military ones stick around here .
Cheers