• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Positions of the patches??

escorpion_72

Ok,
Squadron on the left and Bomb group on the right.....but if only the bomb group patch is to be used then it is ok to have it on the left??? Did I get it?

Then I have seen pictures of the CBI shield on the left and the AAF patch on the right and vice versa, how should it be ... or could the AVG members have it both ways?

Escorpion_72

A

Anonymous

escorpion_72 said:
Ok,
Squadron on the left and Bomb group on the right.....but if only the bomb group patch is to be used then it is ok to have it on the left??? Did I get it?

Then I have seen pictures of the CBI shield on the left and the AAF patch on the right and vice versa, how should it be ... or could the AVG members have it both ways?

Escorpion_72
The AVG did not wear CBI OR 14TH air force patches as they were not part of the US military officially. If you are setting up a jacket the norm is squadron patch on the left and group patch on the right, most jackets did not have both but there are many examples that did. The CBI was usually worn on the left sleeve and the air force on the right. Now thats out of the way, there were always exceptions especially in the CBI.