• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Police B-10?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
I was watching Tequila Sunrise last night on TV and at some scene there was a police officer wearing something that looked like a B-10?

Was/is there any police jacket similar to B-10?

Brgds,

Tim P

Lots I would imagine. the fur collar is a mainstay and all the jacket would need to resemble a b10 is flat patch pockets. again something frequently encountered. this would be a local procurement rather than complying to a national standard.

tgd31968

PLATON said:
Hi guys,
I was watching Tequila Sunrise last night on TV and at some scene there was a police officer wearing something that looked like a B-10?

Was/is there any police jacket similar to B-10?

Brgds,

The B-10 and B-15 style are frequently copied in police issue uniforms, with the b-15 slash pocket style being more common. Take a look through any uniform supply catalog, and you will see them, usually in black or dark blue very shiney nylon.
THey will usually have a strap of material on the left chest to pin the badge to.
Although they are similar in styling, the shiney color turns me off. Even though it shouldn't, it also turns me off of b-15's in general, probably because it makes them seem "common".

Terry

A

Anonymous

Thats why Hacker calls me a "Mall Rent-a Cop" when I wear my B-15C.

A

Anonymous

In fact I had to stop wearing it to the mall. Now I even have a complex about wearing it because people think I am an off duty Mall rent-a-Cop. Thanks a lot Van/Hacker.

Thinking of putting on a '4th but 1st" patch and a white name tape just to keep people from asking me where the mall rest rooms are, every time I wear it.

tgd31968

wing nut said:
In fact I had to stop wearing it to the mall. Now I even have a complex about wearing it because people think I am an off duty Mall rent-a-Cop. Thanks a lot Van/Hacker.

Thinking of putting on a '4th but 1st" patch and a white name tape just to keep people from asking me where the mall rest rooms are, every time I wear it.

Thats one of the reasons I am not into B-15's. You almost NEED a USAAF or USAF on the left shoulder to keep from looking like a wanna be cop, and I won't wear markings on a jacket. So... no B-15 for me. And again, so as not to draw fire, I don't care a bit if others wear markings, I just won't myself.

watchmanjimg

I had an original B-15C a couple years ago and felt the same way. The decal was faded to near-invisibility and the resemblance to a mall rent-a-cop was inescapable. Fortunately I was able to sell it at a tidy profit! :D