• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Points recieved when posting on the forum

Bombing IP

Why don't we give gifts when you receive a certain # of points .For example 2000 points gets a Free Goodwear jacket , a calendar for 75 points . It may seem silly but we have 2400 members 2360 of them would never get anything and the ones who keep this show going would at least get something for there effort . This would have the effect of people getting off there hands and contribute . Also you could deduct points from members who say "I wish the jacket was a little bit bigger " or a little bit smaller . Give something away free and human nature takes over !.

BIP

Last edited:

Smithy

Problem Jeff is that someone has to stump up the cash for the prizes unless we can persuade some poor sap to give something away for free...

...hang on a second didn't some bloody do-gooder, Salvation Army type put a book up for free in a recent quiz :confused:

Just so long as it's not a set of steak knives, I draw the line at those and those frying pans that you can take a flamethrower to and still fry eggs without sticking!

tibor

I don't think moderators should be forced to grade every post for its worthiness for points.

dujardin

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, too difficult to do

who will be judge and what will be judged ???????

will i be less granted if my english is not perfect ???? :):):)

if i place photos, will i get more coins ???

no, noooooo; really too difficult to do

and what about impartiality ????

just my opinion, the mods have already too much to do

if you want to see if someone is an active member, just look below his avatar .... you may see how many message are already posted

example : you 207

hope i offended nobody

dujardin

in the member section, under notable members, there is a list

for me, simply be on the first page is enough
it's gratifying enough to know that i'm an active member (just enthousiast - not expert)
no need of point, of gift

Bombing IP

NEVER GOT AN ANSWER TO WHERE THE POINTS COME FROM OR WHAT THEY MEAN ?. Could somebody enlighten me please .

BIP