• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PM's will not delete

Peter Graham

Among other odd things happening to me forum wise, I cannot delete PM's. My inbox and outbox are full so I don't think I can send or recieve messages. Is anyone else having this problem ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Too popular ... that's the problem. :)

I just did a test, and it worked fine. Sending, and receiving should still be okay for you, the system will just delete the oldest message.

bfrench

Administrator
Peter Graham said:
Among other odd things happening to me forum wise, I cannot delete PM's. My inbox and outbox are full so I don't think I can send or recieve messages. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Hi, Peter,

When you go to your INBOX - there is a list of messages and to the right a box.

You can individually select a message or go to the bottom of the page and select MARK ALL - then in the drop down box at the bottom right of the page - select Delete All.

In each message at the bottom right hand side there is an X - this will delete the message as you read it.

Bill French

Vcruiser

bfrench said:
Peter Graham said:

Hi, Peter,

When you go to your INBOX - there is a list of messages and to the right a box.

You can individually select a message or go to the bottom of the page and select MARK ALL - then in the drop down box at the bottom right of the page - select Delete All.

In each message at the bottom right hand side there is an X - this will delete the message as you read it.

Bill French

I just tried...and cannot delete old messages either!
Something is wrong.
Van

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Something is wrong.
Van

Wrong you say......must be operator error...I just tried it and it worked fine ;)

Vcruiser

hacker said:
Vcruiser said:
Something is wrong.
Van

Wrong you say......must be operator error...I just tried it and it worked fine ;)

Just tried again...
Checked the boxes....brought up "delete marked"....then clicked the 'Yes" box....and it took me back to message page...WITH NO DAMN DELETIONS!!!!...I tell ya!
Get Bill on the phone...and use your pull with the Mod for a fix...WillYA...?
StressedOutToTheMax

T-Bolt

Van,

I am not sure if this is what you tried........but I just did the following:

1) Went to both "Inbox" and "Outbox" and tried the following procedure......

2) Went to the bottom right of the page and then to the box titled "Mark/Unmark as Important"

3) Clicked on that box to expose the other info in the box which is "Delete Marked"

4) Then go over to the empty boxes on the far right of the page and "Check" the box for any and all messages you want to delete.

5) Then go back to the "Delete Marked" area and click on "Go" to the immediate right.

After clicking "Go" and reaffirming that decison, I noted any messages which I selected were gone. Maybe I just got lucky,,,I am not sure.

Ted

Vcruiser

Chris
Just tried on another computor...and it worked. it deleted the PMs.
What could be the matter with my computor..ya reckon???
Van

siddhartha

Administrator
I am thinking that perhaps the original computer is showing you a cached page.

So, reload the page, and hold the shift key (at least on a mac) as this forces the browser to reload a fresh page

Chris

bfrench

Administrator
Vcruiser said:
Chris
Van

Hi, Van,

Just happened to check in before going tits up and saw your post about not being able to delete PMs.

So I checked the forum configuration and if messages are not deleted then the oldest message is deleted and replaced by a new PM - Now I'm presuming this is happening - I'll prove this by sending a PM immediately after this post.

Next - which browser are you using - Internet Explorer on both computers or another browser?

I'll be back on line about 6:00 AM - so please PM me to let me know you've received the latest PM - that way we'll know that part of the program is working in your setup.

Bill French

Vcruiser

bfrench said:
Vcruiser said:
Chris
Van

Hi, Van,

Just happened to check in before going tits up and saw your post about not being able to delete PMs.

So I checked the forum configuration and if messages are not deleted then the oldest message is deleted and replaced by a new PM - Now I'm presuming this is happening - I'll prove this by sending a PM immediately after this post.

Next - which browser are you using - Internet Explorer on both computers or another browser?

I'll be back on line about 6:00 AM - so please PM me to let me know you've received the latest PM - that way we'll know that part of the program is working in your setup.

Bill French

Bill
My "in box" is not full. I was just trying to delete a couple of PMs.
On my computer it's AOL Internet Explorer and I also have broadband with AOL account.
On this computer I get to the "yes" box on deleting PMs...and click it...but then it directs me back to PM page...without deleting.
My wifes computer is Internet Explorer...Comcast broadband...
and there is no problem deleting PMs through the steps.
Van

bfrench

Administrator
Vcruiser said:
Bill
My "in box" is not full. I was just trying to delete a couple of PMs.
On my computer it's AOL Internet Explorer and I also have broadband with AOL account.
On this computer I get to the "yes" box on deleting PMs...and click it...but then it directs me back to PM page...without deleting.
My wifes computer is Internet Explorer...Comcast broadband...
and there is no problem deleting PMs through the steps.
Van

Hi, Van,

It may be a AOL configuration problem

Try installing the Mozilla FireFox browser on your computer and then try deleting messages.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Only takes a few minutes.

Off to bed - talk in the morning - I'll walk you through the FireFox installation if necessary.

Bill French

Vcruiser

Well...
I've reloaded the page several times per Chris's request....and installed Mozilla.
Nothing seems to work. Still cannot delete PMs. Plus...I've noticed that that if I click on a thread in a topic...it doesn't count me as viewing that thread.
Weird!
Van

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Well...
I've reloaded the page several times per Chris's request....and installed Mozilla.
Nothing seems to work. Still cannot delete PMs. Plus...I've noticed that that if I click on a thread in a topic...it doesn't count me as viewing that thread.
Weird!
Van

I'm assuming you meant Firefox......Mozilla had an old system they don't support anymore....Firefox 3 rocks!..............I guess the only thing left is to eBay that old boat anchor and buy new :p ............. :lol:

Vcruiser

Worked fine until about a week ago....
Guess I'm the only one having this prob now.
Just my luck...
VB

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
Plus...I've noticed that that if I click on a thread in a topic...it doesn't count me as viewing that thread.

.... Delete temporary Internet files.