• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

PMs - Use and Moderators

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Folks,

As most of you are well aware the the forum owner and two of the other moderators are very busy people where I'm an hourly worker who has a fair bit of free time.

We've had a behind the scenes discussion about allocating time to the forum and I won the door prize.

In other words I'm your go to guy if you have problems that can't be resolved without the help of a moderator or that something is a little out of sorts that a moderator should correct.

So, please, in the future direct the daily PMs to me and I'll take care of the details - if it is something of major proportions I'll pass it along to Chris, Kevin and John.

Thanks and cheers,
Bill French

marine71

Hi Bill,
Is it you who "allows" members to post attachments/photos ?
I can't wait to show-off my pictures of my G1
Thanks in advance

bfrench

Administrator
marine71 said:
Hi Bill,
Is it you who "allows" members to post attachments/photos ?
I can't wait to show-off my pictures of my G1
Thanks in advance
Hi, marine71,

Yes - I'm the culprit.

Read through the Posting Images part of the forum - everything is pretty well laid out there.

If you have any trouble after reading that section then just PM me and we'll work it out together by PM rather than plugging a particular section with some of the questions that may arise.

Cheers,

Bill French

A

Anonymous

Bill -

Just curious, I have posted two PMs a few hours ago but see they are still sitting in my Outbox? Am I doing something wrong??

Please advise!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bill K.

bfrench

Administrator
bellumbill said:
Bill -

Just curious, I have posted two PMs a few hours ago but see they are still sitting in my Outbox? Am I doing something wrong??

Please advise!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bill K.
Hi, Bill,

It just means the recipient hasn't read them yet - when they do it will only show in the SENT section.

A

Anonymous

Bill -

Many thanks for your prompt reply - above and beyond for a forum mod. on the weekend! :)

I appreciate the info., I never knew that about PMs - Satisfied to know now that they have gone through.

Have a nice weekend! Very best regards,

Sincerely,

Bill K.