• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon's Dubow 27798 A-2 Repro In Seal HH Size 44 *$500.00*

Technonut2112

One of Platon's Dubow 27798 A-2 repros is available for IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT in a size 44:

EDIT: These are NOT pics of the jacket being sold... As the listing states, actual pics of the size 44 jacket will be put up later this weekend (if it lasts that long... ;) )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-A-2-j...8:g:BIMAAOSwhUtbVv~J:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

s-l1600f.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

Last edited:

Skyhawk

In the photo of the front, it looks like the zipper is offset to the left or the label and hang strip are off set to the right. They don't look like they line up in the center.

Officer Dibley

Great jacket if you want to buck the trend of having a jacket with variations and character / jerky to the hide.

This is what i'd imagine the USAF would look at as a replacement to the goat A-2's currently on issue. Very uniform. And looks like no taper from elbow to cuff.

Officer Dibley

Reducing thickness from edge to seam as you move to the wrist knit would indicate taper to me?

Each to their own. I was looking at the size of each end of the knit. If the sleeve is indeed tapering after the elbow, must be prett blousy higher up. Very different to the snugness of my GW & ELC jackets.
Could be all just optics but you shouldn't buy on that alone.

I bow to your superior knowledge of that product.

Technonut2112

Regarding the sleeves... Dubows of this contract are known for wide upper sleeves. Not all contracts are for everyone. From JC's Dubow 27798 listing:

Another detail unique to Dubow is that they made the sleeves quite wide at the top, and then the back panel more narrow than most A-2 makers. The wider sleeve tops more than make up for the more narrow back panel, so the jacket is generally more comfortable to wear than most other A-2 contracts.

• russet or seal horsehide or goatskin
  • comfortable torso and wide, comfortable sleeve tops
  • strong, square shoulder design
  • pointed collar tips, and low collar front
  • wide epaulets with large x-stitching
  • dull orange lining and usually a lighter thread color
  • ball stud snaps
  • dull purple-brown or mid-brown knits
  • bell Talon zippers, Kwiks or Crowns

ausreenactor

Each to their own. I was looking at the size of each end of the knit. If the sleeve is indeed tapering after the elbow, must be prett blousy higher up. Very different to the snugness of my GW & ELC jackets.
Could be all just optics but you shouldn't buy on that alone.

I bow to your superior knowledge of that product.

It's tricky to make a call on any jacket when it's on the hanger.

Rutger

It tapers. Imo BK was slightly less concerned with sleeve taper, whenever I saw one (and I also bought one brand new like 5 years ago) I had my eye on the taper and I found them somewhat less pronounced than elc and jc. Well, some count stitches....... .