• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Russet J.A.Dubow MFG Co 27998

B-Man2

Two great looking jackets for sure . Unfortunately like Nick, I and anyone who’s a bit on the tall side find that 25 inch length just a bit short . Shame as they are beautifully made jackets . :confused:
Congrats on both of them:)

xontros85

Two great looking jackets for sure . Unfortunately like Nick, I and anyone who’s a bit on the tall side find that 25 inch length just a bit short . Shame as they are beautifully made jackets . :confused:
Congrats on both of them:)
Hi there ..although I’m from Greece , I discovered relatively recently and completely by accident this great manufacturer!!! Emailed him but I haven’t got any reply yet… I just read that scary comment from u about “tall side guys”…I’m 1.90cm (6,2) 42” chest…pls tell me that u mean “tall” guys those who r over 6,2 lol

Brettafett

JaDubow's jackets tend to run a bit short.
Normally you'd be recommended to go up a size, to at least a 44, but you'd likely find it on the short size in the lengths
You could try a 46, but some have commented that a 46 measures similar to a 44.

Fantastic high-end A-2 for the price, IF it fits and you can make it work.
Wait time and communications are not great.
But once you have paid your money and have some patience, you will get your jacket.

If not, as you are in Greece, go and pay Andy (Bill Kelso Mfg) a house call.
Theres some connection between JaDubow and Bill Kelso. Platon of JaDubow was (is?) affiliated with BK (one of life's great mysteries).
BK are more expensive, essentially the same jacket, but you have options of different jackets, materials and can customise sizing to a degree.

All depends what you're after.

B-Man2

Hi there ..although I’m from Greece , I discovered relatively recently and completely by accident this great manufacturer!!! Emailed him but I haven’t got any reply yet… I just read that scary comment from u about “tall side guys”…I’m 1.90cm (6,2) 42” chest…pls tell me that u mean “tall” guys those who r over 6,2 lol
Unfortunately You may find yours short as well . We are about the same size and most guys our size find the back length of 25 inches about 1 inch short. Even size 46 originals that fit on the small side run about 26 inches in length.

Last edited:

xontros85

Thanks all for the replies!
Price is a steal thou..this is my main issue with clothes since forever ..I’m tall and thin and if I want to have proper sleeves , I have to go with 44” chest
Does anyone know if Platon is Greek ? Sent him an email in Greek !
Also, does Bill Kelso locate in Greece ? I thought he was in U.K.

xontros85

I would assume so - he’s named after the Athenian philosopher, which is something I’ve never heard of outside of Greece.
Hears more of nickname to me..Is not a usual name for a Greek ..I don’t know any Platon or hear that name nowadays for a person / except the philosopher:)

xontros85

I would assume so - he’s named after the Athenian philosopher, which is something I’ve never heard of outside of Greece.
Hears more of nickname to me..Is not a usual name for a Greek ..I don’t know any Platon or hear that name nowadays for a person / except the philosopher:)
Probably is due a kind of respe

mulceber

Fair - in any case, I'm as close as certain as I can be, without having met him personally, that he's Greek. He started off as one of the partners at Bill Kelso, and then branched off and started to specialize in off-the-rack versions of the Dubow 27798 contract. But when you pay either of them for a jacket, payment goes to the same paypal account, and people have commented that the construction of their jackets is the same. They're definitely both Greek and they're probably operating out of the same workshop.

xontros85

Fair - in any case, I'm as close as certain as I can be, without having met him personally, that he's Greek. He started off as one of the partners at Bill Kelso, and then branched off and started to specialize in off-the-rack versions of the Dubow 27798 contract. But when you pay either of them for a jacket, payment goes to the same paypal account, and people have commented that the construction of their jackets is the same. They're definitely both Greek and they're probably operating out of the same workshop.
Both Greek ?? I’ll find it out ! Do u have any contact information with BK except the email on website?

mulceber

If you follow them on facebook you can try messaging them through facebook messenger. I've talked with Andy a few times on there. My best advice is just to keep emailing them. They're a small operation so they don't have a customer service representative. I'd (politely) email them once a week until you hear back. It'll happen.

Pa12

If your in their neighborhood drop by and see how they’re doing with my jacket. I ordered a 46 from Platon in December. I’ve emailed them numerous times since and have never had a reply except for a receipt for payment. I’m 5’11”, 188lbs, 43” chest and the 44 was pretty snug. Uncomfortable zipped up. If the jacket ever arrives I’ll measure it up and see how it compares to the measurements on their website. As far as quality, top notch. I don’t have a good wear (yet) to compare, but it’s at least as good as my Eastman. Also, check their website. Last time I looked they weren’t taking new orders due to workload.

Pa12

Bought my 44 new with tags off eBay. Was too tight but the nicest A2 live ever seen. So I sold it and ordered a 46. What part of Ontario are you in?