• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Russet J.A.Dubow MFG Co 27998

Lorenzo_l

Great looking jacket, Stu. You are going to love breaking it in. I have one just like yours and I am really pleased. Wear it in good health.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Rough-wears and Dubows seem to be the contracts that most prefer here on VLJ . I think they are the more forgiving contracts that seem easiest to wear . My favorite has always been their last contract DuBow 1755 with its dull purple knits and dark seal color.

London Cabbie

This is an email I received today from Platon.
I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing it.

Dear Stuart,

I am happy that you received it and you like it.
It is made with our improved horsehide which is more grainy and pliable than the previous batches and as such easier and more comfortable to wear, i.e. a closer copy of the originals.

I sincerely apologize that you had to wait so long and it's really embarassing for me and was too stressful all the way for me as it was for you. But things didn't go at all as planned in 2020, same for everybody. Smaller and young firms like us took the harder hit.
You can't even imagine what we had to deal with and I better not tell you. We still have not recovered.

Plans for next contract are postponed because first priority is to deliver all the jackets.

Thanks for the VLJ post, please tell the guys I said hi, to be patient and not to worry.

Kind regards,
Platon

London Cabbie

It's great that they got new hide, more pliable and grainy. Do you notice it, compared to your seal one? I'm curious if it will wear in and develop grain faster.
It definitely feels more pliable. The weight remains the same. Colour is amazing, but I’ve never had another russet to compare. Wearing in will take some time but will keep an update...
A61E5951-8E69-4FB6-A97F-79E7DE216978.jpeg
7E35BB28-0DAD-4E53-9F11-76A7CBB06963.jpeg