• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon JA Dubow 27798 A-2 jacket (46) Arrived!

leper-colony

Ordered 7/4/20
Shipped 1/22/21
Arrived 2/13/21
Dubow_platon_box.jpg

Shoulders: 19.5"
Pit to pit: 24" 24.5"
Sleeve: 26.5"
Front: 22.5"
Back: 25.5"

Last edited:

leper-colony

Do I have to say it ;)

Fit pics!!!!!

lol!

I had to put it aside for a bit.

After the initial unboxing pics, I stepped back to really look at it, and started thinking: What size is this? why does it look so small, like... like... a size 42? *panic*

That's why I posted some measurements with the first pictures. Grabbed a tape to see how nutty I was being.

While the measurements seem close to the 5* Dubow (it was made between a 46 and 48), the Platon Dubow seems more trim. I think part of it is that the jacket is brand new. I guess I will re-measure.

As I said I left it aside for a while. I recently put on a 5-button sweater and also the jacket, and the both fit, but not a lot of room. I do like some room in the fit, so it would accommodate flight clothing underneath - I think thats more of authentic fit.

Guess I can compare the two jackets so see where things differ, to see why I think they fit different. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong at all. Both are patterned from on hand originals. :)

Congrats on the new jacket! The leather looks scrumptious out of the box. How would you rate its pliability?

Butter soft?

Worth the wait?

Looks great Sir!

Super nice, Leper-Colony! Congratulations!

Ken

Thanks!

Last edited:

leper-colony

Today is seems better a bit.

Now I am seeing 24.5" pit to pit.

The waist gather/tension is stronger on the Platon jacket, the neck opening seems slightly smaller, and tighter acrossed the back of the shoulders as well

None of the comments means one is better or more correct than the other.

Fivestar_platon_sideby.jpg

Dubow_platon_zipped.jpg

Dubow_platon_unzipped.jpg

Attachments

• Fivestar_platon_sideby.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • Dubow_platon_zipped.jpg
    Dubow_platon_zipped.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 174
  • Fivestar_platon_sideby.jpg