• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Smithy

176030-tt0030068.jpg

Greg Gale

Can you post the measurements of the jacket as well as your height/ chest please? I reckon you are 6'1-6'2?

It's the seal one, not russet right? I love the color!

Looking good by the way!

timmbo

The official measurements were posted earlier in the thread:

Here's the measurements for offered sizes:

size 40
pit to pit 21.5
shoulders 17.5
back 24.25
sleeve 25.25

size 42
pit to pit 22.5
shoulders 18
back 24.5
sleeve 25.5

size 44
pit to pit: 23.5
shoulders: 18.5
back: 24.75
sleeve: 25.75

Size 46
pit to pit 24.5
shoulders 19
back 25
sleeve 26

Size 48
pit to pit 25.5
shoulders 19.5
back 25.25
sleeve 26.25

I measure my 42 as having 25 inch sleeves from shoulder seam to the end of the cuff knit.

I'm 6ft without shoes (183cm), 41 inch chest.

Greg Gale

25" cuffs included? That seems extremely short. Platon told me 25.5" from the shoulder seam to the end of the leather part.

did you measure it like this?
Outer edge of the sleeve.

Last edited:

timmbo

Yes, 25" cuffs included - yes, I am measuring exactly like that. I'd allow a 0.5" discrepancy for measuring error, but it's definitely not 25" to the end of the leather - the knit of the cuff is almost 3" long

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
25" cuffs included? That seems extremely short. Platon told me 25.5" from the shoulder seam to the end of the leather part.

did you measure it like this?
Outer edge of the sleeve.
Greg, you've possibly misunderstood Platon. It includes sleevecuffs usually.

Smithy

Only just saw this now...if that was me Timmbo that's way too short in the arms by a good 1 to 1.5 inches for what I'd want. Yes there's that photo of the tall guy from the Doolittle Raid with sleeves like that but I bet even he would have had longer length in the sleeves if he could have. That's a new jacket as well and horsehide to boot so it's going to scoot up another half inch at least once the sleeves get wear.

This is the only thing (well apart from my "no more jackets" thing) which is stopping me ordering one of these. I'm 6' 2'' and I'm not sure whether I can get the length in the sleeves and body in the stock sizing that I need without having it look like a garbage sack in the body.

Greg Gale

This surprises me, though. I'm 6 feet tall, and 17.5" shoulders + 24.8" sleeves look ok but on the short side for me. This is supposed to be 18" + 25.5", so that would make me think there's plenty of sleeve length, but timbbo is as tall as me. Maybe different arm length proportions?

jeremiah

Yeah I think it does look short due to no compression of knits but the rest of the leather arm hangs the way it should so extra length would change that.

I think it still looks good. I’d rather a little shorter than longer with that feeling around the wrists.

s4rmark

I have just bought this very same jacket off the original owner “timmbo” and it fits me just fine , not short in the arms at all.