• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Teddy

I had my concerns about the standard fit but this athletic cut is perfect for me at size 42 (now I normally wear size 40). The sleeves are also not too long either for my short arms.

The horsehide is nice, a touch thinner than the possibly 10-15 years old ELC House A2 I own, sturdy but also pliable. It's unmatched, as you can see from the photos I took, and I bet it'll get really good characters with wear.

First impression: totally worth it. Very excited, and very happy.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Friendly neighbours just gave me my parcel so here's your first sneak peek into the Platon Dubow seal:

VKxarik.jpg

O9r3ifE.jpg

Km8Pr8Z.jpg
The leather looks nice.

Greg Gale

Brilliant! Fits spot on. Could you please share the measurements as well as your height weight and chest size?

Officer Dibley

I'm genuinely pleased for y'all. Your faith has been rewarded. I still won't buy one as i already have a couple of great A-2' and i still won't break my personal rule of touching the jacket i buy but i'm glad you are happy with the product.

Whaddawesay ? 12 months til every other maker is out of business ? :D

Or perhaps a repeat of GW where demand will outstrip supply and so a long list of frustrated buyers will stretch out into the end of time ?

As i said in another thread, original A-2's were a relatively cheap jacket back in the day.

Enjoy your jackets in good health as the saying goes. :)

Officer Dibley

what do you mean by "touching the jacket I buy..."?

I said it earlier in this thread Jeremiah: after years of buying more than 30 jackets, i will now only buy if i can have the actual jacket in my hands. I won't buy off a photo of a jacket or a generic photo of a jacket as is usually the case and how i used to buy. There is so much more to a jacket than appearance. I think it unlikely i will ever buy new again either. Partly cost (even for a Platon !) and partly that despite appearance, i can never quite tell what a jacket will look like once broken in. And to break a jacket in, you have to wear it lots- which you can't do if you have a heap of jackets. Or at least i can't.
My preference, nothing more, and i am sure many have bought and been happy.

Last edited: