• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Whatsit

Well mine was ordered in August and I’m thinking others were order in August as well. They will be shipped from Greece At least that’s what I’m thinking

Pilot

Well mine was ordered in August and I’m thinking others were order in August as well. They will be shipped from Greece At least that’s what I’m thinking
As long as its as promised...quality and delivery time...

Teddy

Ordered on Aug. 19 and still haven't heard reply. Not as early as a few others in placing the order.

Pilot

Ordered on Aug. 19 and still haven't heard reply. Not as early as a few others in placing the order.
If it would be me...Paypal would solve the problem and VLJ would be informed...Delays and little hiccups may happen...No communication= NO GO, IMHO.

Last edited:

Teddy

If it would be me...Paypal would solve the problem and VLJ would be informed...Delays and little hiccups may happen...No communication= NO GO, IMHO.
I meant he hadn't replied to my inquiry over 2 weeks ago. Not too worried but I do think customers could expect a reply!

Technonut2112

What concerns me is almost 1/4 of a year has passed, are early purchasers being used as kickstarter funding ?

I'm not certain about anyone else, but Platon was clear in the eBay listing I purchased the jacket from (as well as his site also AFAIK):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352421658223

The item listed is not in stock so if you buy it means you are ordering it to be custom made for you. Delivery time to be agreed before the sale. You need to know when you will receive it BEFORE you buy it, so please contact us.

There has only been one delay in my case. The original shipping time for me was supposed to be the end of last month (September).. I've been in touch with Platon a few times since I ordered to keep informed. I last heard from him around 10 days ago, and was told the seal jackets would be shipping by the end of this month (October).

EDIT: From Platon's site:

https://jadubowmfg.com/a-2-jackets/

1. Shipping. Our standard turnaround time is around 2 to 3 weeks. However, delivery times may be affected by factors outside our control, such as shortage of materials from our suppliers. In such cases, you agree delivery may take up to about 6-8 months. If a delay is expected with your order you will be notified accordingly with details about the nature of the predicament and you will be kept informed about the progress we are making to solve the problem. We agree that we will use our best endeavors to not unreasonably delay the production of your jacket.

Last edited:

Pilot

Maybe a silly question; how long is the Paypal protection ( if ..) active/working?
Just asking...

Otter

To answer the PayPal question, 30 days after delivery or same period after latest given delivery date.

Pilot

To answer the PayPal question, 30 days after delivery or same period after latest given delivery date.
Which means 6 months pe if the item is only shipped 6 months after payment? Happy to read this.;););)

Technonut2112

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

Otter

Is that for goods received or for goods ordered but not received, only asking 'coz it directly contradicts the info I looked up. Might be a different t&c for USA over Europe.

Whatsit

Is that for goods received or for goods ordered but not received, only asking 'coz it directly contradicts the info I looked up. Might be a different t&c for USA over Europe.
The best thing a guy can do is call PayPal directly and tell them what’s been going on and they will tell you your options without guessing from the website. My own opinion of course