• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pilot Wings & Watches

bazelot

I just got those pilot wings from WWII

Graduation wing issued to Lt. Forrest E. Perry. He was stationed at the Maxwell Field in Alabama for training.

1070_1.jpg

4179_1.jpg

6c01_1.jpg

chrgod2

Cool thread!

Vintage watches ia another hobby of mine. The only "true" pilot watch I have is a vintage 1980ties Poljot Sthurmanskie chronograph. Even though this forum is mostly about US and British gear, I thought I could post some pictures of the Soviet "Breitling". "Sthurmanskie means "Navigator" in Russian. :)

This watch is a nice piece. At 40mm it is a good size, and it has a cool rotating bezel for a second timezone (Zulu time). There are quite a few of them on eBay, however finding one in good condition takes some patience.. The never ex-USSR examples are nothing to lust after, in my opinion... They were never issued to pilots.

DSC_3749-1.jpg

DSC_3751-1.jpg

DSC_3752-1.jpg

DSC_3751_1.jpg

DSC_3753-1.jpg

movement is a Poljot calibre 3133, which is a version of the Swiss Venus 7730. Quite reliable manual wind movement.