• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Pilot Wings & Watches

bazelot

I just got those pilot wings from WWII

Graduation wing issued to Lt. Forrest E. Perry. He was stationed at the Maxwell Field in Alabama for training.

chrgod2

Cool thread!

Vintage watches ia another hobby of mine. The only "true" pilot watch I have is a vintage 1980ties Poljot Sthurmanskie chronograph. Even though this forum is mostly about US and British gear, I thought I could post some pictures of the Soviet "Breitling". "Sthurmanskie means "Navigator" in Russian. :)

This watch is a nice piece. At 40mm it is a good size, and it has a cool rotating bezel for a second timezone (Zulu time). There are quite a few of them on eBay, however finding one in good condition takes some patience.. The never ex-USSR examples are nothing to lust after, in my opinion... They were never issued to pilots.

movement is a Poljot calibre 3133, which is a version of the Swiss Venus 7730. Quite reliable manual wind movement.