• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Brothers N1

Thomas Koehle

I recently got a request about the sizing of the N1 Jackets from Pike Brothers

actually I do not have the jacket on hand here in Mexico where I currently work but found some "fitpics" to share

I myself am 1.92 mtrs in height and weight is 92 kg

the Pike is size "L" - I tried the "XL" version but was way too big

sleeve length is fine even for a guy with Orang Utan arms like me - lining is very warm and the jacket seems to be pretty heavy compared to the original jackets as well as the ToysMcCoy or Buzz Rickson versions I checked before

anyway - the Jacket is pretty well crafted and highly recommended - usually the PB jackets come without the "USN" print on the chest but with a stencil to do the markings on your own if you want to

again this is just fitpics without any actual dimensions - the striped pants is the garment I preferably wear when riding my motorbike with some pals

47kJ1Wf.jpg

BqJAXny.jpg

qNUxU37.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

I'm trying to figure out what type of motorcycle goes with pants like those.............and honestly.......I've got nothing.

Smithy

These deck jackets are growing on me. I watched some doco on the National Geographic Channel this evening about the immense amount of Germans fortifications in Norway and it happened to have James Holland on it and he was wearing a N-1, looked rather spiffing TBH. I could never bring myself to splash out BR money for a cloth deck jacket but these Pike Bros ones are starting to look very attractive.

Coincidentally considering the doco, I took the wee fella to the park today and we were running around on top of an old German bunker (he loves rolling down the side of it as it's quite steep and the sealed door intrigues him enormously).

PS - That's a seriously good looking motorbike Thomas.

Thomas Koehle

Thank you guys for the appreciation of my bike!

I have been a motorbike addict since I was 15 but it took me to get 54 before I got my first HD - and as I'm in "Old Iron" anyway not that interested in all modern stuff I chose a classic - she`s fun to ride - pretty smooth except she kicks when her rigid-frame hits roadbumps and remarkably reliable ...

I was after a kinda "mild custom" as a reminiscence to those early attempts to make a bike stand outta the crowd - due to that no modern parts (except carb) have been used to build her up

I know we ain`t in a motorbike forum but simply can`t stand to post some additional pics of her ...

tO13iko.jpg

3Tg2QzP.jpg

Thomas Koehle

These deck jackets are growing on me. I watched some doco on the National Geographic Channel this evening about the immense amount of Germans fortifications in Norway and it happened to have James Holland on it and he was wearing a N-1, looked rather spiffing TBH. I could never bring myself to splash out BR money for a cloth deck jacket but these Pike Bros ones are starting to look very attractive.

Coincidentally considering the doco, I took the wee fella to the park today and we were running around on top of an old German bunker (he loves rolling down the side of it as it's quite steep and the sealed door intrigues him enormously).

PS - That's a seriously good looking motorbike Thomas.

the PB decks are real winter garment - if you`d go for a jacket to use go for PB
sizing is a bit "difficult" so better to try one on before decide which size to go

Falcon_52

An excellent jacket and motorcycle. I'm a Triumph man but I love the look of your panhead - the color is just gorgeous. I don't know if I could wear the black and white pants but they work on you. :)

Noel

Tommy

I came very close to buying one of these this winter. They're probably the best thing Pike Brothers do, in my eyes. However I was intending to buy the Black one, for a bit of variety I guess. They were out of stock and by the time I decided to go Khaki it was too late to do the order through my mates shop (Paul, Crazy Man Crazy).

I ended up spending the money I was going to put into this towards a Barbour International and a Lee Storm Rider. However I can see myself investing next winter.

My only worry is the cuffs. I own a PB B15 and the wrist cuffs were baggy from the start. Although I have see better quality Moulton, its otherwise a superb jacket- if not quite BR or Eastman level accuracy. The N1 seems much more faithful.

Thomas Koehle

My only worry is the cuffs. I own a PB B15 and the wrist cuffs were baggy from the start. Although I have see better quality Moulton, its otherwise a superb jacket- if not quite BR or Eastman level accuracy. The N1 seems much more faithful.

no issues with the cuffs on mu N1 though - those "loose" knitted cuffs on their B15 was my reason not to buy one of them but I think they "solved" that issue in late production runs ...

Garylafortuna

Forgive me for getting a little off topic Thomas. Your Panhead Springer Hardtail is a grand motorcycle. Just the right amount of chrome. You must get a lot of great comments on it. I was wondering about the paint. The reason I ask is because I have a BMW 8 series that could be exactly that color. Does your bike have BMW paint perchance? A friend has a 49 Pan with a sidecar that he's restored. The old bikes really say something special.

raulm1961

I recently got a request about the sizing of the N1 Jackets from Pike Brothers

actually I do not have the jacket on hand here in Mexico where I currently work but found some "fitpics" to share

I myself am 1.92 mtrs in height and weight is 92 kg

the Pike is size "L" - I tried the "XL" version but was way too big

sleeve length is fine even for a guy with Orang Utan arms like me - lining is very warm and the jacket seems to be pretty heavy compared to the original jackets as well as the ToysMcCoy or Buzz Rickson versions I checked before

anyway - the Jacket is pretty well crafted and highly recommended - usually the PB jackets come without the "USN" print on the chest but with a stencil to do the markings on your own if you want to

again this is just fitpics without any actual dimensions - the striped pants is the garment I preferably wear when riding my motorbike with some pals

47kJ1Wf.jpg

BqJAXny.jpg

qNUxU37.jpg
Hi Thomas. Very nice looking N1 jacket. One question though: What's the weather like in Aguascalientes right now. I was born and grew up (until I was 14) in Guadalajara but I've lived in So. Ca. for long while. It's good to know you live in beautiful Aguascalientes.

Thomas Koehle

Forgive me for getting a little off topic Thomas. Your Panhead Springer Hardtail is a grand motorcycle. Just the right amount of chrome. You must get a lot of great comments on it. I was wondering about the paint. The reason I ask is because I have a BMW 8 series that could be exactly that color. Does your bike have BMW paint perchance? A friend has a 49 Pan with a sidecar that he's restored. The old bikes really say something special.

THX for the positive comment!

Actually before I got my first HD I have been a "BOXER" guy restoring/customizing bikes in China during the almost 7 years when I worked/lived there ...

As for the paintscheme of the PAN I just took the RAL-colour catalogue and picked a tone without any wanted connection to a bimmer-colourcode