• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Brothers B-10

Greg Gale

In my quest for the perfect - and affordable - B-10 I stumbled upon Pike Brothers. The shell color looks great, just the right shade, the collar is the proper shape and color too.

So I tried to dig around but to my surprise I didn’t find any fit pics here on VLJ. No reviews, nearly nothing.

How come? What’s the view on these? Anybody has any experience with their B-10s?

Greg Gale

Damn...I'm just going in circles.

Step 1: Let's buy a new Bronson, maybe its color is better now - it fits my budget, but the color is still not very good.

Step 2: OK, let's spend more and invest into a BR - yeah, but it's quite pricey, and for this money I would like to see more accuracy - I'm not a fan of the dark knits, nor the collar shape, also (maybe it's just the photos) the whole jacket looks shiny.

Step 3: OK, let's save up for an ELC which looks epic. But hey, I don't want to spend that much on a cloth jacket...and even if I did, I'd never dare wear it. It's a bad weather jacket, it should be a beater.

So back to Step 1 and repeat.

Brettafett

Bronson - You know the fit. It is a beater... Can always replace the knit. Returnable.
Buzz - Keep a look out for a good secondhand from Japan, easy to dry clean. Mines not shiny at all.
You can also always replace the knits.
ELC - Yes. Pricey and the mouton is not as nice as the BR or RM. But just such a lovely jacket.

I just checked on Buyee and there are some great B-10s on there. So tempted myself, but I really dont need another B-10 ;)

Last edited:

mulceber

Brett hit the nail on the head. Also, pretty sure the BR collar will differ from contract to contract. If you don’t like the look of one, just get another B-10 contract that they’ve reproduced. Heck, it sounds like you're planning to change the knits anyway, so why not try their Superior Togs B-10 with its rust knits? A quick knit change and you could be the only person in the world with an accurate repro of that contract. :p

Last edited:

London Cabbie

Damn...I'm just going in circles.

Step 1: Let's buy a new Bronson, maybe its color is better now - it fits my budget, but the color is still not very good.

Step 2: OK, let's spend more and invest into a BR - yeah, but it's quite pricey, and for this money I would like to see more accuracy - I'm not a fan of the dark knits, nor the collar shape, also (maybe it's just the photos) the whole jacket looks shiny.

Step 3: OK, let's save up for an ELC which looks epic. But hey, I don't want to spend that much on a cloth jacket...and even if I did, I'd never dare wear it. It's a bad weather jacket, it should be a beater.

So back to Step 1 and repeat.
Hahaha thankfully B-10’s not my bag.

mulceber

If you have lots of patience: Good Wear for $650.
Cheaper than ELC.
B10_GoodWear.jpg