• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Brothers 1942 USN deck jacket

Officer Dibley

Just picked up this jacket from greedbay. Very impressed with it.
Lovely Bedford cord cloth. Heavy wool liner. Superb knits. A real quality jacket.
I’m going to start exploring Pike Bros a lot more if their wares are as good as this. I had a BR version a few years ago but hated the back stencil and the noise from the waterproof interliner damaged my hearing permanently ! This has that liner but no rustle at all

431A639C-BCA2-465D-A009-E7D5ED8C5361.jpeg
FC4CCA08-29D0-4B7B-85F8-55FF7DD7F518.jpeg
18D6FBA4-8F5C-4CBD-933A-A4FFB9BD509C.jpeg
7737C018-6C26-449A-B92D-3837D1059299.jpeg
F9869DB9-FBED-44ED-A4F6-854D3450B060.jpeg

Officer Dibley

Dimensions as follows- all external
Chest 26”
Shoulder seam to end of knit cuff 28”
Back from base of collar to bottom of waistband 27”
Shoulder seam 25”
For a labelled xl jacket

B-Man2

Nothing small about those . That’s for sure, as big or bigger that your standard size 48 .
25 in the shoulders .... yep that’s a big boys jacket. I’m thinking a Large would be closer to a 46 for my size.
Thanks Dave for posting those

Officer Dibley

Remember those are outside dims Burt. It’s a thick jacket for sure and feels like a 46” reg to reg/long to me. I know you know that and are talker than me but i have to reiterate it ;)
Dave

ties70

Burt,

They are a German company, with production in Europe. Their sizing is sufficient for us bigger guys. To pour some water into the wine: They definitely get an A+ for effort but the authenticity of most of the military stuff is way off. Just as if they decide to make something, then notice that they cannot get the proper material, but do it anyway...

This might still be acceptable... If they wouldn't "decorate" their stuff with a fake history... Check out the website and look for the 1941 Tanker jacket, canvas, inside pocket, no correct backing construction, wrong colored knits.... But hey, it's the famous private purchase jacket worn by officers... A steal for EUR 279,-...

For the last 10 years, I had various shoes, shirts, jackets, pants, and vest... Every single piece made after specs or "an original", and every piece was odd in one way or the other. The craftsmanship on the other hand was always immaculate....

So, check the measurements, better try stuff on before buying it...

Best regards,

Ties

Last edited:

B-Man2

Burt,

They are a German company, with production in Europe. Their sizing is sufficient for us bigger guys. To pour some water into the wine: They definitely get an A+ for effort but the authenticity of most of the military stuff is way off. Just as if they decide to make something, then notice that they cannot get the proper material, but do it anyway...

This might still be acceptable... If they wouldn't "decorate" their stuff with a fake history... Check out the website and look for the 1941 Tanker jacket, canvas, inside pocket, no correct backing construction, wrong colored knits.... But hey, it's the famous private purchase jacket worn by officers... A steal for EUR 279,-...

For the last 10 years, I had various shoes, shirts, jackets, pants, and vest... Every single piece made after specs or "an original", and every piece odd in one way or the other. The craftsmanship on the other hand was always immaculate....

So, check the measurements, better try stuff one before buying it...

Best regards,

Ties
Ties
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated . I’ll check their website and read up on some of their things before I decide to buy something .
Let me know if I can help out in any way with the other thing.

Cheers

Officer Dibley

Good comments Ties. All valid. What i can say again though is that the specific jacket i bought about is identical to the BR i had. And for me to get that for £100 (used mind) was good value in my opinion. Even new it would have been a good buy.
As this forum seems to be more & more about value over accuracy, the other jackets PB sell, although not super accurate, are good hommages at decent prices IMHO
Dave

ties70

Dave,

you are right, and please don't take my rant too seriously. If you are looking for a good vintage look at decent prices, european labour...then PB is the right place to look.

I just think that they should tune down their marketing a little bit...

Ties

Cocker

Dave,

you are right, and please don't take my rant too seriously. If you are looking for a good vintage look at decent prices, european labour...then PB is the right place to look.

I just think that they should tune down their marketing a little bit...

Ties

And go to either a REAL 36" inseam or do a 38... Dammit!!

Officer Dibley

Not at all Ties. ;) You are bang on. They do over-egg the authenticity on some garments. My only in-my-hand experience is this one jacket and i only recommend what i’ve actually handled (unlike some who recommend off a photo on a website....)

But the quality of that one jacket and the fact that they do European sizes leads me to want to see more of their stuff.

Dave

ties70

Not at all Ties. ;) You are bang on. They do over-egg the authenticity on some garments. My only in-my-hand experience is this one jacket and i only recommend what i’ve actually handled (unlike some who recommend off a photo on a website....)

But the quality of that one jacket and the fact that they do European sizes leads me to want to see more of their stuff.

Dave

Dave,

you should check out their shoes. I could really recommend the Low Quarters. I have them in black, really comfortable and nicely made boots. A littler wider at the toes, compared to Iron Rangers.

Ties

Thomas Koehle

got plenty of their stuff mostly pants of all sorts

so far i second what Ties pointed out: good craftmanship but authenticity ain't top of the pops

otherwise reasonable priced and available in modern, european dimensions

Members online

Latest posts