• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Bros N1h hook deck jacket

airfrogusmc

Hey Gary,

Whoever puts it in for you can cut it down (top) to fit and reset the stops at the top. No biggie. I love mine and if they get those hooks get them in gun metal, I would have if they had them, and they are REALLY nice.

Garylafortuna

Things are still up in the air Allen. Zipper should arrive any minute, but have not yet heard from the Americo folks. Nicola and Alexandra (seriously) from Americo were impressed with the work you did when I sent them a photo of your jacket sporting the new spring clasps. They will inform me yea or nay as soon as they receive word from their supplier. I think it would be prudent to replace the hooks before tackling the zipper. Now I do realize that this is a situation up with which a purist would not put, but I opted for a YKK zipper simply because it was $10.00 as opposed to $65.00.

airfrogusmc

Hey Gary,
The hooks might actually work better if the zipper handles most of the stress. I hope that you can get the hooks from Americo. Ya know Orvis has a light weight Deck Jacket that has decent hooks on it. Maybe you could find out who they sourced those hooks from? Good luck....

Garylafortuna

Hi Allen
The good news is that Americo now has the hook fasteners which I promptly ordered. I had a telephone conversation with a very gracious Nicole, and was informed by her that they are currently available in shiny brass only, but may be available in gunmetal at a later date. As for the source, all she told me was, that they were from Italy. It's too bad that the female side of these clasps are already punched through the jacket material because the ones that come with the set are looking better than the originals I think. The rivets you used look like the originals Allen. Where did you get them? Looks like this project is destined for a happy ending.

airfrogusmc

The taylor I used supplied them. Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. I love my jacket.

Garylafortuna

It's a lollapalooza for sure; gives me a feeling of empowerment every time I put it on. Same kick ass feeling Batman has when he dons his cape. Rivets available from Tandy in every shape and size imaginable, along with rivet setting tool. You will definitely see the final result Allen.

Garylafortuna

Forgive me, other things have been keeping me busy. I've been burning the midnight oil on an old BMW 8 series that I'm trying to make ready for my upcoming vacation. Please be patient Allen, all the necessary pieces to finish the job are at hand. One thing I can tell you, the brass clasps and even the brass rivets have a protective lacquer of some kind that needs to be removed before the Brass Black can be applied. But it has been said that difficulties illuminate existence, but they must be fresh and of high quality.

ButteMT61

^^ I remember my brother telling me about this. Been using it ever since. We buy WWII gear for reenacting, and people have coated pieces in an attempt to "preserve" them, so it comes in handy. Leathernecks are crafty fellas...

Thomas Koehle

as far as my Information goes the original jackets didn't had a Zipper -the hooks where meant to open and Close easier even with cold fingers and eventually wearing gloves ...

anyway bee to the PB shop by myself a couple of times - it's a 2 hours ride from my home - and each time i be there i find some interesting stuff in their closeout section