• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of HLB Corp M-445A

bazelot

I just received the M-445A that I got on Ebay for $15. It is in amazing shape. Way better than I expected. THe shoulder area on the back is damaged but the rest of the jacket is very supple and strong. The damage can be repaired and this jacket would be a great wearer. The tag says that it is a size 40 but the measurements are more akin to a 46. (shoulder to shoulder 20.5", pit to pit 22.5", sleeve length 24.5". It's a little on the big side for me. The zipper was replaced and it is a mid-late 40s Aero.
Let me know what you think.

M-445AHLB022.jpg

M-445AHLB023.jpg

M-445AHLB024.jpg

M-445AHLB025.jpg

M-445AHLB027.jpg

M-445AHLB028.jpg

M-445AHLB031.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bazelot said:
The tag says that it is a size 40 but the measurements are more akin to a 46. (shoulder to shoulder 20.5", pit to pit 22.5", sleeve length 24.5". It's a little on the big side for me.

What a great deal, at $15.00 I guess you can afford to spend a little on it.

Allowing for the thickness of the wool, the measurements look about right for a 40. I would expect a 46 to be 25+ in the chest, and with a longer sleeve.

At least if it's too large, there's a profit in it. :mrgreen:

Jason

That looks just as you describe: very nice indeed. And you must be grinning from ear to ear to have picked it up for $15. Hope the damage (I think I can see where it is in your 3rd photo) is repairable or able to be covered up neatly - it will be a beauty.
Though I don't think a 22.5 inch measurement from armpit to armpit makes it a 'size 46' even with the size 40 tag. That sort of pit to pit measurement I'd associate with a size 40 or 42 in an A-2. Given this is a shearling, and that its meant to be worn over other flight suits, then I'd say the tagged size 40 is just right, though someone who normally takes a 42 would probably be able to get away with wearing this one if they didn't have any layering on underneath.

bazelot

Jason said:
That looks just as you describe: very nice indeed. And you must be grinning from ear to ear to have picked it up for $15. Hope the damage (I think I can see where it is in your 3rd photo) is repairable or able to be covered up neatly - it will be a beauty.
Though I don't think a 22.5 inch measurement from armpit to armpit makes it a 'size 46' even with the size 40 tag. That sort of pit to pit measurement I'd associate with a size 40 or 42 in an A-2. Given this is a shearling, and that its meant to be worn over other flight suits, then I'd say the tagged size 40 is just right, though someone who normally takes a 42 would probably be able to get away with wearing this one if they didn't have any layering on underneath.

The pit to pit is actually 24". I had to take the tape measurer again as when I put it on I had a feeling of being able to fit me and the pregnant wife in it at the same time :). A 40 A-2 is too small for me (especially the shoulders). I looked at JC's CD and there is a picture of a 445A HLB Corp size 42 and JC fits in it very comfortably so I guess HLB Corp's measurements were very generous to start with.