• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a new B-10 this weekend

fishmeok

Picked this up this weekend at the militaria show (thanks Clark!)- It's a replica from the '90's made by S.M. Coat Company Inc. Sized a 42, but it fits like a 44. It has several inaccuracies and the fit is a bit too puffy, but overall this was a great find. I also have an Aero B-10 test jacket and the new B-10 compares well. The Aero is more authentic in the lining and some other details, but the SM is a better fit on me and the material is closer to a real B-10. The Aero outershell almost has a flannel feel to it, and it has the typical overlong shoulders that just give it a wonky look. The SM is plenty warm, was just wearing it outside last night while throwing the frisbee for the dog...
Cheers
Mark

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0440-1.jpg

TankBuster

I agree, it's not a bad jacket at all. It's never going to match
up to a Buzz or Eastman, but for the price you paid, it's a no
brainer!!! I'm glad you got it. In my opinion it's a much better
jacket than your Aero B-10.

fishmeok

I agree with that- I'm going to put up a comparison post here in a bit. Thanks for driving down the jackets for me to measure BTW- still haven't really gone through stuff but I have a bunch of pics too.

Of course, in true obsessive jacket nut form I have already shaved down the liner with a pair of dog clippers and turned the jacket inside out to trim excessive seam allowances in order to reduce the bulk a bit....
Cheers
Mark

TankBuster

No problem Mark! Anytime ;) . Shaving down the lining was a good first move.
I was going to suggest it, but I wasn't sure how crazy you wanted to get with it.
I should have known, we are all sick ;)

Swing

S&M Coat.... why do I recognize that label?

Anyways, nice looking jacket. It may not be perfect, but it looks darn good.

~Swing

fishmeok

TankBuster said:
No problem Mark! Anytime ;) . Shaving down the lining was a good first move.
I was going to suggest it, but I wasn't sure how crazy you wanted to get with it.
I should have known, we are all sick ;)

THAT is frickin funny- the pics are after I shaved it down, still considering other ways to reduce the bulk a bit. I may take an inch or two out of the liner, or else just leave the S.O.B. alone and wear it... :D

I think S.M. Coat is now SM wholesale. They don't have a b-10 anymore, but look to have a nice tanker jacket on their website.

Cheers
Mark

dujardin

hello Mark,

she looks good on you.
IMO, she's of good (enough) manufactory.

and still enjoying your Jeep

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

Curahee

Well to coin a phrase from Rothenhan"....yeah from 10 feet, it looks sort of right..." just kiddin' looks OK to
me also it has a nice sheen to it ;)