• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Penny for your thoughts. L-2a patch options

Officer Dibley

Well the main patches got fixed on and i’m pleased with the result.

The “L” series are, in my opinion at least, very underrated. Softer, lighter and less expensive than an A-2 but just as warm. Love A-2’s but also love these.

8816CB9B-E5C2-4D7B-B2B6-FE2739907DB1.jpeg

Griffon_301

great selection of patches!
and I second your thoughts about the L series jacket, in my case my new L-2a; a lovely jacket and a good looking one as well, especially in that nice Air Force blue version;
I am so glad I preordered one of BR´s new collection L-2s too, this time in sage green though and fully patched up to represent a jacket as worn by a RF-101A Tac Recon pilot...
hope it shows up sometime in late October/early November ....

Pilot

The early BR- L-2A ( like yours) are of much better make and quality if compared to the recent ones...
Had both, and its confirmed .

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Yes Burt. 48FW. Was the 48 Tactical Fighter Wing back in the 50’s based in Chaumont, France from WW2 til De Gaulle kicked the US out. Then to the current home of Lakenheath.

I managed to get original period patches from the 50’s to put on a 50’s jacket. I’ve not found a pic but it's at least plausible.

Dave

B-Man2

Dave
Thanks for that!!
I ordered the patches I showed you, I’ll send you a few pics off line when I get them.