• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patches/Bullion WW2?

Cyril

some time ago i entered a little secondhand shop in Bavaria. They sold lots of old bullion/patches as a liquidated company in the town had produced them for decades. You could find uniform-patches from all over the world. The ones below, that i took, were not known to me (well, except the dragoons maybe).
Does anyone of you has an idea what the others were used for or what country they belonged to?
They are supposed to be items from WW1/WW2

P1100357.JPG
P1100356.JPG

JonnyCrow

some time ago i entered a little secondhand shop in Bavaria. They sold lots of old bullion/patches as a liquidated company in the town had produced them for decades. You could find uniform-patches from all over the world. The ones below, that i took, were not known to me (well, except the dragoons maybe).
Does anyone of you has an idea what the others were used for or what country they belonged to?
They are supposed to be items from WW1/WW2

View attachment 88317View attachment 88319
I think the circular ones are standard naval trade badges, NCO/petty officer etc the one with airplane definitely naval, air mechanic maybe, the other, uncut blazer badge

Cyril

I think the circular ones are standard naval trade badges, NCO/petty officer etc the one with airplane definitely naval, air mechanic maybe, the other, uncut blazer badge
thanks to you and @ausreenactor for the ideas. I checked the net afterwards, for the one with the plane i found a similar one belonging to a royal canadian air force pilot in WW2. In general...what were "trade" patches for? Does it mean that soldiers from different units were trading patches to collect them?

Cyril

Yayyy now I know what it is, must have had a duh moment yesterday, insignia with plane is British fleet air arm radar or radio operator, this is a summer patch, trade patch also means skill, or qualifications, ie your tradeView attachment 88401
Thank you for the insight Jonathan. I just had no idea where to start looking for it. Once you know they are everywhere :)

Last edited: