• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PATCHED GOOD WEAR A-2

A

Anonymous

I have a Good Wear which I made the patches for and applied them myself ,44th bomb group thought you might like to see it as not too many Good Wears have patches on them .The patch is not finished this I will do somtime ,the outlining of the bomb wings and the speed lines are missing .I just sent the same patch to a member in Italy and he told me its going to be on his A-2 when he goes to Duxford this year .

073.jpg

0662.jpg

The jacket is Moo hide and was purchased off a member of the forum .The Jacket has the strangest smell ,not unpleasant just strange .The jacket is a size 48 ,I usually take a 46 but this fits me great .It the most comfortable jacket I ever had the leather is like chamois so soft ,it must be similar to wearing capeskin that the guys mention on the forum re A1.Well if you have never considered a moo hide from JC may be you should look into it ;) .The next jacket I am going to patch up will be a Gibson and Barnes horsehide A-2 ,it will have an original ATC 5" patch CBI shoulder shield winged roundel and on the right top panel I am going to paint 15 size 3/4" yellow camels .This will be the last jacket I do and I will post it once it is done .Having so many A-2s its nice to have a couple patched up but I also like just plain A-2s .Re painted backs there not for me ,nothing wrong with them just not my thing .

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Looking good Jeff, makes a good match for the colour of the hide.

I only have 3 A-2's and none of them patched-i'm a chicken, although i'm about to add the patch a vet made for me to a GW he's already painted.

I'm keeping the ones you made in a frame but when the time is right and I have a spare GW i'm probably going to put on the 529Sq/380thBG one you made or the new 90thBG.