• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

patch size

Oriana

Buongiorno, in Italia tra un'ora è l'alba. :) How much devono essere grandi le patch? Hanno una dimensione specifica o dipende da qualcosa?

Last edited:

Oriana

[QUOTE = "IP bombardamento, post: 255045, membro: 5525"]
Ciao Oriana, una toppa da squadrone è 125 mm e le toppe sulle spalle sono 75 mm

Rgds Jeff
[/ CITAZIONE]
Grazie mille, vorrei farne alcuni per diversi amici

Silver Surfer

there are size variations to squadron, group, unit, and shoulder patches, particularly before 1942. many were "unauthorized", thus the designers, and makers of the patches were at liberty regarding size, material, color, and subject. one can find original squadron patches, from the same squadron, made of different materials, ie: painted, embroidered, embossed leather, etc. sometimes the chest patches evolved from the "unauthorized" to "official" during the course of wwll. often, "official" chest patches were 4 1/2" to 5 1/2". however, many patches were not round, thus odd sizes are part of the equation, as well. "official" issued meatball shoulder patches were 2 1/2"- 3". in the cbi theater china-america multi layered leather shield patches varied in size, though uniform shoulder patches were more consistent in size.the same can be said of uniform patches in the eto.

dinomartino1

"Hello, in Italy it is dawn in an hour. :) How much must the patch be big? Do they have a specific size or do they depend on something?"

Easier to translate
Average size 4 1/2"' to 5 1/2" for round patches worn on the chest but not all patches where round and other sizes where also made.

Misura media da 4 1/2 "'a 5 1/2" per toppe rotonde indossate sul petto ma non tutte le toppe dove sono state tonde e altre taglie

Silver Surfer

thanx for the translated short version, dino. dunno if oriana uses a universal translator, so in italian my explanation could be difficult to make sense of i reckon.

Pilot

안녕하십니까 ..."Greetings" from Seoul South Korea

IMG_1149.JPG

Cocker

Nothing is cast in stone, maybe the issued cloth were 4.5.

As far as I know, all 365th FG patches were printed on leather in Belgium, on one run. I have pictures of an original one which is clearly 4.5 inches, so they should all have been 4.5 inches.

Pilot

man, i like that cat, and would pleased as punch to have one on a jacket. way cool.
If its my cat... well thx. a lot...appreciate and very honored. As for the diam. its approx 5 inches in diam.. plus the lightnings and its on felt... ( several others were already asking/inquiring).
So far its a keeper...When leaving Korea for good I may sell it...together with all the other Korea War flight apparel.
Again, very honored. Thx. a lot.... its involving a lot of fleemarket and other searches in Korea... and elsewhere...

Last edited: