• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passion

Smithy

Here we go again! Another pointless response to a civil request.

Bit touchy today are we? Wake up on the wrong side of the cot today or did the cat shit on the carpet again?

Actually I was pointing out that it seemed more like a demand than a request and it's not for you to say what language a member can post in.

Steve27752

Bit touchy today are we? Wake up on the wrong side of the cot today or did the cat shit on the carpet again?

Actually I was pointing out that it seemed more like a demand than a request and it's not for you to say what language a member can post in.
No not at all but thank you for your concern. It is merely that on an English speaking forum, it is sensible to comment in the English language.
If I were to post on a German, French, Italian, Dutch forum I would not post in English if that were not the language being used.

Smithy

No not at all but thank you for your concern. It is merely that on an English speaking forum, it is sensible to comment in the English language.
If I were to post on a German, French, Italian, Dutch forum I would not post in English if that were not the language being used.

Maybe but it's not for you to say what someone can or can't post or in what language. We've got a few Germans on here and I've seen them post in German before, nothing to stop them and good on them if they want to.

I'm a little sick of members telling other members what they can and can't do on here. You were telling people to "fuck off" in another thread just the other day because you didn't like what was being discussed. That thread wasn't my cup of tea either but we don't have rules regarding how makers discuss other makers and their products, so it's not for me or anyone else to demand others not to talk about things that they want to talk about.

If there were forum rules regarding such things then fair enough but without them it's not for individual members to treat the place like their own personal fiefdom.

Steve27752

Maybe but it's not for you to say what someone can or can't post or in what language. We've got a few Germans on here and I've seen them post in German before, nothing to stop them and good on them if they want to.

I'm a little sick of members telling other members what they can and can't do on here. You were telling people to "fuck off" in another thread just the other day because you didn't like what was being discussed. That thread wasn't my cup of tea either but we don't have rules regarding how makers discuss other makers and their products, so it's not for me or anyone else to demand others not to talk about things that they want to talk about.

If there were forum rules regarding such things then fair enough but without them it's not for individual members to treat the place like their own personal fiefdom.
Yet another thread is taken into a pointless argument.

Saint-ex

I'm admin on a french forum and we have some members who are posting in English, and english speakers are talking with them.
But I agree, if you are going to a forum, you are speaking the language. Even a bad English like I do. :p

Steve27752

I'm admin on a french forum and we have some members who are posting in English, and english speakers are talking with them.
But I agree, if you are going to a forum, you are speaking the language. Even a bad English like I do. :p
Nothing wrong with your English and it is much appreciated.

Smithy

No drama Oriana. It's probably easier if you post in English because if you don't it upsets the odd older member as you saw, but there's no rule that says you can't post in Italian either.

My Italian is hopeless but I could understand what you were saying in the post with the photo of the patch, so for things like that I really don't think it is a big deal if you do it in Italian.

Nice patch BTW!