• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Partially remove stencil on Buzz G-1

Nickb123

Happy Holidays all,

I just won a Buzz Rickson's G-1 (7823) and am considering removing the "kill" from the back of the jacket. This will allow me to wear it at the elementary school where I work LOL. If not I may just add a patch to cover it.

Has anyone tried this?

all the best.

MikeyB-17

There are ways and means. Ken at Aero mentioned Nitromors (a strong paint remover, I don't know if it's available in the US) on a wet cloth. Not tried it myself. Be worth Emailing him. Somebody also mentioned acetone the other day.

Micawber

Been there done that. Depends entirely on the paint used as to which solvent will shift it and not touch the finish of the leather. Without experience your only option is trial and error starting off with a mild solvent such as rubbing alcohol and then gradually through to stronger options leading up to things like Naptha, cellulose thinners, acetone, xylene, etc all of which may well strip the finish and colour from the hide.