Painted jackets, patches and mugs, embroidered patches.

Peter T

Hi here is some of my freetime work. Painted WW2 patches on leather, some A2 jackets (please qualitty of jackets don't criticise, it's for friends and it's the first painted jackets) I'll update the photos later for better quality. Next there are painted mugs for our club and newly embroidered patches (try)
Thanks

Attachments

Peter T

Hi, what you think about "file Star"a2 flying jackets? Maybe horsehide? I am looking for some jacket to paint(test) How quality? But right ww2 style shape? Some better photos, or review?
Thanks

Otter

There is a long thread in the manufacturer section on 5 Star. Short version is almost infinitely customizable, stunningly fast manufacture and delivery, great service from Shawn. He is always improving his jackets, I have one of his G1 jackets which is my day to beater and have no complaints. My daughter has two of his, an A1 and a "boat jacket" customized to her shape, she loves them.

Peter T

Hi, thanks, and how size? i wear A2 jacket from eastman, size 42 and its ok, maybe it would be better something between 42-44 but 42 is good, next i have ATF B10 jacket 44 and its big. and final BRONSON jacket 42 size its i think ok. Original G-1 (70s) size ok.
Thanks.

Otter

If you track down his ebay listings he has comprehensive size charts for each style, I ordered off stock and it was a perfect fit. He is quite happy to custom fit and will get you to measure both yourself and your best fitting jacket as well. You can contact him via PM on here, he is usually very fast at getting back to you and very generously extends a discount to VLJ members.

Peter T

ok, i write there on contact email and send measurements, thank you. I am looking for A2 REPRO DAVID D. DONIGER MILITARY FLIGHT REAL HORSEHIDE RUSSET BROWN LEATHER JACKET

Peter T

Hi, I'm looking for what patch for an usn jacket right now. I didn't say it should be a night fighter squadron, only USN, squadron just looking for it. I'd like to put one or two patches, as I wrote above.