• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAINTED A2-GOING CHEAP

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
Check this out. It is painted with Payload Patty and the patch is a typical of the tooled Italian variety. It looks authentic!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-A2-Jacket-No ... 0033262241

Well, this and the other one you purchased are real head scratchers. The jackets look OK but the art, imo, is not right, not authentic at all. Patch is not tooled. I've bought it to check it out and follow-up with the seller. Funny thing - note the Time Period, War: 1991-Now, Iraq War. That's about right ... will keep you all updated.

A

Anonymous

I've decided I really can't be bothered to follow through with this purchase and the seller. I've reported it to Ebay as a fake, since in my view the sellers description is quite a gross misrepresentation. But there again it is inexpensive, a fair deal if you know what you're getting. Anyway, if anyone is interested, you'll probably see it up on Ebay again in a few days. This is exactly the type of situation where it would be beneficial if Ebay had a more sophisticated feedback system.

A

Anonymous

The art work does look fake, but at that price the buyer is not getting cheated. That particular buyer buys and sells all the time, I think he knows what he is buying, and if you look at the amount of military items the seller has sold in 12 months, with a very good feedback score, I don't think the intent was to defraud.

Roughwear

392NDBOMBGROUP said:
The art work does look fake, but at that price the buyer is not getting cheated. That particular buyer buys and sells all the time, I think he knows what he is buying, and if you look at the amount of military items the seller has sold in 12 months, with a very good feedback score, I don't think the intent was to defraud.

I have checked out his feedback as the buyer of the painted United Sheeplined. It looks fine to me. I like the artwork on the jacket and am not concerned that it was almost certainly executed post war. It must have taken the artist hours to copy the art on Major Richard's jacket. It is still a good deal IMO and of course this is a relatively rare make of A2, so I don't think I will lose out in the future.

taikonaut

shanghai joe said:
that and bearing in mind where it's coming from..........

Swindlers comes from all corners of the globe, some of the worst ones I dealt with came from USA.

Roughwear

I am confident this seller is not a swindler. His feedback suggests otherwise. When the Sheeplined arrives (I am sure it will) I will post some pics of the Art work. :)

mazeta

Tranquility Base said:
I've decided I really can't be bothered to follow through with this purchase and the seller. I've reported it to Ebay as a fake, since in my view the sellers description is quite a gross misrepresentation. But there again it is inexpensive, a fair deal if you know what you're getting. Anyway, if anyone is interested, you'll probably see it up on Ebay again in a few days. This is exactly the type of situation where it would be beneficial if Ebay had a more sophisticated feedback system.
What's to stop the seller from giving you negative feedback for non-payment? I realize you can report items you suspect to be fake, but once the auction is over, feedback can be left in both directions.

Roughwear

mazeta said:
The seller probably knew what he was selling, as reflected on the low BIN price.

He knew it was an original WW11 A2 jacket. He knew the size, but he did not make the best of his knowledge. Had he mentioned the maker he would have got more for it.
:lol:

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
mazeta said:
The seller probably knew what he was selling, as reflected on the low BIN price.

He knew it was an original WW11 A2 jacket. He knew the size, but he did not make the best of his knowledge. Had he mentioned the maker he would have got more for it.

Andrew - I don't think he has a clue. He stated exactly the same size for both jackets. This is the worst kind of counterfeit rubbish you can find on Ebay.

A

Anonymous

392NDBOMBGROUP said:

The buyer is getting cheated - the seller says it's original and it is not. Ebay feedback means nothing - it's an exercise in compromise. Most folks who buy from this seller are (a) clueless (b) know they're buying a fake.

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
shanghai joe said:
that and bearing in mind where it's coming from..........

Swindlers comes from all corners of the globe, some of the worst ones I dealt with came from USA.

my roots are South East asia, Penang, south of Thailand.

roots as in Alex Haley, Kunta Kinte

terrain as in knowing your terrain.....the art of war, TSUN TZU

Roughwear

Tranquility Base said:
Roughwear said:
mazeta said:

Andrew - I don't think he has a clue. He stated exactly the same size for both jackets. This is the worst kind of counterfeit rubbish you can find on Ebay.

Simon, I have to take issue with you here. The jacket I have bought is not a fake, but an original United Sheeplined jacket. The art work is the fake. Yes the listings were very similar and this may be due to the seller's limited English. Here are the pics...

1bba_35.jpg

sheeplined11.jpg

sheeplined2.jpg

sheeplined4.jpg

sheeplined7.jpg

sheeplined6.jpg

sheeplined10.jpg

sheeplined9.jpg

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
Simon, I have to take issue with you here. The jacket I have bought is not a fake, but an original United Sheeplined jacket. The art work is the fake.

Sure, but the artwork makes it a fake. I don't think the jacket I purchased is worth what I paid for it.

Roughwear

Tranquility Base said:
Roughwear said:
Simon, I have to take issue with you here. The jacket I have bought is not a fake, but an original United Sheeplined jacket. The art work is the fake.

Sure, but the artwork makes it a fake. I don't think the jacket I purchased is worth what I paid for it.

I see what you mean, Simon. You maybe right about the jacket you purchased, but I think this one was a good deal for a partial "fake"! :lol: