• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other Moto/Utility Jacket Forums??

les_garten

I am going to buy another Moto Jacket, most likely in the Spring.

I'm 99.99% Sure it will be a Langlitz Goatskin Padded Pocket Columbia in some sort of configuration. I'm going to be modifying the configuration, adding and subtracting things to make sure I am the only one who will ever want it...
:cool:

But in the meantime, I'd like to spend sometime perusing Jackets to "make sure". So I got some time.

What other Forums are good out there besides here and TFL for Moto/Utility Jackets?

This sub forum is not super active...

siddhartha

Administrator
wish it was....I love my Aero KOTR, and have recently started wearing it again. I was wearing my DD Buco J24 up 'til now...

les_garten

siddhartha said:
wish it was....I love my Aero KOTR, and have recently started wearing it again. I was wearing my DD Buco J24 up 'til now...

I got so many Aero's I'm trying to broaden my Horizons!

Buco, mmmmm!

Corey

Check out advrider. If you want an active site, that's it. It's not focused on moto clothing but there's plenty of discussion of it.

les_garten

Corey said:
Check out advrider. If you want an active site, that's it. It's not focused on moto clothing but there's plenty of discussion of it.

I'm over there as well, just was wondering if there was a Moto/Utility focused forum.

Corey

Les, that's a tough one. All of the moto sites I know of are focused on the bike/riding aspects. This site and TFL are the only ones I know of that are focused more on the clothing details. Might still be interesting to post on a forum like advrider with large international membership. I bet you get a lot of responses.

les_garten

Corey said:
Les, that's a tough one. All of the moto sites I know of are focused on the bike/riding aspects. This site and TFL are the only ones I know of that are focused more on the clothing details. Might still be interesting to post on a forum like advrider with large international membership. I bet you get a lot of responses.

I read a lot on ADVrider and HDforums as well.

But it's mainly Vanson-FoxCreek-Alpinestar and Mighty Morphin Power Ranger kinda stuff!

Some LW, Some Langlitz

I guess I already found the good places!

We would have the best here if we could just get more active Moto guys I guess.

Maybe we need a marketing director!

I'll bet the big issue is that you can't read out posts without a login. That means the bots can't index and means we can't attract the good without attracting the bad.

Corey

LOL - power ranger! But those outfits are practical. I almost always use my aerostitch one-piece suit for commuting since it's so convenient and has built in armor. I can slip it on and off in seconds. I also have a two piece Revit for road trips since it's a little more versatile in terms of layering and being able to remove the jacket at stops.

les_garten

Corey said:
LOL - power ranger! But those outfits are practical. I almost always use my aerostitch one-piece suit for commuting since it's so convenient and has built in armor. I can slip it on and off in seconds. I also have a two piece Revit for road trips since it's a little more versatile in terms of layering and being able to remove the jacket at stops.

I know, I know, ATGATT

and of course a force field would be nice!

I've got to an age that I don't do much distance. I don't go to where a "lot" of idiots are driving, for instance i-95 from Jupiter, FL to Miami.

I've been riding since before all the armor stuff, like since 1968.

That being said, I've got some marks to show for lapses. Like go around the corner with deck shoes on and no Gloves. Bing, Bang, Boom, permanent hand scar and minus a few toenails. A number of other slides that gear protected me. Sometimes the gear didn't but armor would have perhaps.

So Now I ALWAYS do Top notch Helmet, real boots, real Gloves, at least Denim Pants, and a leather Jacket. No matter the weather. Going much further than around my small town and I add chaps.

The armor won't happen for me. Not sayin' it ain't right. Just sayin' I ain't gonna do it. I'm also not 20 or 30 anymore, so that helps a lot in my safety. So my slidin' days are pretty much behind me for the most part. I still might get nailed by some idiot, or where I live, some guy who thinks he should drive like he does when he is at home in Nicaragua/Costa Rica/Brazil/Mexico.

How any male lives into his 30's always amazes me!

Members online

Latest posts