• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ostermann M-422a

STEVE S.

Thanks Steve for filling in the gaps in my memory and knowledge, great stuff. Thats interesting on the lining. I must admit when I first saw those gusset/sleeve stitching I initially thought that someone had stuffed up a repair job! How would you say the fit is compared to other contracts in a similar size? I had a 40 and it was quite trim but long at 27 in sleeve and body which suited me to a tee

Honestly, I have only had one other Ostermann besides the size 44 I own presently. That said, my 44 is only 25.5” in body & sleeve length. I have heard that the shoulders on some Ostermann were a bit wider, but mine is more in line with my 2 Blocks overall & similar but not quite as trim in the body as my W&G. My original G&F is my “swamp donkey”. It’s tagged a 44 but is huge on me. Actually baggier & longer than a later G-1 I own that is tagged a 48. Can’t speak on my Church yet. It had a thick quilted liner installed in the 50’s-60’s so more or less has a sweater built in. Hope to get time soon to restore it back to original.

STEVE S.

Quick pic.

3F657C32-D264-4D45-8A7F-9E112D323A79.jpeg