• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL WWII PERRY SPORTSWEAR 1756 TYPE A-2 & PACKING BOX

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

As promised, today we have a special!
These items came from the same Estate sale of the N.O.S B-15A, and this is probably the first genuine TYPE A-2 packing box pictured ever, at least that I know of...
Although I have my doubts that the box belonged to the jacket originally, since they are marked with different sizes (Box: 40 and A-2: 38), I still think it’s a unique piece.
The A-2 is in almost mint condition besides a couple moth holes on the waistband and stitch holes from rank on shoulders, so at some point someone used it....
The leather looks new, very supple and it could even be mistaken by a high end repro. Lining is immaculate, original CONMAR zipper works perfectly and you can even see the original thread color used on the jacket after more than 77 years.

Say no more, enjoy the pics guys!
Jorge
D69702E9-ED12-4EB8-87F4-641367FCCFB1.jpeg
81D8A8F6-C9A9-4373-A2AA-82054F2ED238.jpeg
D83E4895-89A9-4E43-AAD1-AF2D47A7CB83.jpeg
825F8646-6CF0-4460-8CCD-19F1A52F2F1E.jpeg
ACFA4885-39BE-4E7D-80BE-D07291EF75F1.jpeg
CAE3716B-227C-46D1-A275-DBD15ED9669E.jpeg

Last edited:

Carl

Is it possible to get to see the flaps of the box together better Jorge ?
Just so we can try and deduct what part number is stamped ?I'm reading 8300 43(?) It's for my own peace of mind as you know me and NOS boxed stuff !!
I'm not convinced about the AAF stamp though , that's the only bit that's bugging me.
Carl

MikeyB-17

Amazing. Very clear evidence of the square reinforcing patch behind the pocket snap, often missed by repro makers. I bet not many high end repros would have stitching like the bottom of the pocket-or the box stitching on the epaulettes!

Smithy

Amazing. Very clear evidence of the square reinforcing patch behind the pocket snap, often missed by repro makers. I bet not many high end repros would have stitching like the bottom of the pocket-or the box stitching on the epaulettes!

That's one of the things I probably bleat on too much around here but it's something which is really important. The originals just didn't have the same attention to aesthetic niceties that the modern repros do and because of it the high end repros all comes across as a bit sterile. I daresay I'm in the minority but I like how the originals aren't laser crisp and the pockets are often a tad out of alignment, etc.

Greg Gale

OK man, enough is enough: tell us all about your time machine, and let us know how much u charge to take us back with ya next time. :D

Thanks for sharing the pictures, absolutely amazing!