• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL WWII L.S.L GARMENT / B-10 (43rd BG - 64th BS “KEN’S MEN”)

Smithy

Once again Jorge you've posted another stunner. All your stuff is museum-grade (coming from someone who has worked in the aviation museum field ;-)

One thing mate, I hope you've got your collection correctly insured. Each one of these gems needs to be separately insured for a specific and agreed amount with your insurer. Don't plonk all of these together under an "umbrella" policy. These items are historically unique and of significant value both culturally and monetarily, and you should protect them with a correct and accurate insurance policy.

If you want advice on storing any of these to museum storage standards just flick me a PM as I would be more than happy to help.

And once again Jorge, just brilliant!

ausreenactor

Once again Jorge you've posted another stunner. All your stuff is museum-grade (coming from someone who has worked in the aviation museum field ;-)

One thing mate, I hope you've got your collection correctly insured. Each one of these gems needs to be separately insured for a specific and agreed amount with your insurer. Don't plonk all of these together under an "umbrella" policy. These items are historically unique and of significant value both culturally and monetarily, and you should protect them with a correct and accurate insurance policy.

If you want advice on storing any of these to museum storage standards just flick me a PM as I would be more than happy to help.

That's when the premiums jump.. Broached it with Tianna the other day... "Why do you think my rings are not on the policy?" Keen to find out how much when I get a bit of spare time...

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Thank you @Smithy, that’s nice of you to offer, I would be interested to hear your advice. I’ll probably be moving them sooner to another bunker! I will send you a PM later at night when I get home!

Smithy

Thank you @Smithy, that’s nice of you to offer, I would be interested to hear your advice. I’ll probably be moving them sooner to another bunker! I will send you a PM later at night when I get home!

No problem Jorge and I'm happy to help. You have some seriously superb pieces so it's worth making sure they're stored in conditions which protect them and ensure they're around in the same condition for many more years to come.

Talk soon mate!

Tim

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

IMG_2253.jpeg

warguy

I watched this grouping sell at least twice over the past several years, the last time to Jorge. It is too bad you didn't grab it when it last came to market, but you are so fortunate, as now you know where it is and best of all, it is for sale! It has been in private collectors hands for many years, and now is your opportunity to “get it back where it belongs”. It is expensive, but so are classic cars, top end watches, and art, most of which was all once owned by someone else. I am so glad the previous (and current) owners of this group have preserved it so well. I am also, of course, extremely grateful for your Grandfathers service. Good luck.

B-Man2

It’s always a difficult situation when a family member surfaces after 40 or 50 years and says that they now want to re-acquire a jacket or some other item that they feel belongs back with their family. Many times significant amounts of money have been expended by the current owner to purchase the item and that issue needs to be addressed as well. My first thought is I wonder how the item found its way from the original owner or his family into the commercial market. Did the owner sell it ? Did the owners wife or kids sell it off after his passing ? Just things that I think need to be addressed when something like this happens . I remember back around 2009 when I first joined the forum, a couple of these situations were discussed here on the forum. In one instance the vet who owned the jacket surfaced and contacted the then owner of the jacket and demanded the return of his jacket. The current owner explained that he had paid a certain amount for the jacket but would be happy to return the jacket to the vet, if the vet reimbursed the owner for the cost of the jacket . According to the story, which is documented here in the archives, the vet became pissed off saying that the jacket was issued to him and as such belonged to him and he wanted it returned without reimbursement to the collector. According to the story the vet had readily admitted that he had sold the jacket years ago, but now felt that he wanted the jacket back . The other story that’s also documented in the archives happened a few years before I joined the forum but was still being discussed in 2009 . It concerned pretty much the same basic story although this time the vet was a much nicer person and simply explained to the collector that he would like to have his jacket back but didn’t have the funds to pay for the cost of the jacket . In that instance the then members of the VLJ forum held a collection and put together the money to pay the collector the money he had paid for the jacket and then the forum gifted the jacket back to the vet. The difference between what took place in those stories Vs what’s involved in this thread is that in both instances it was the actual vet and not a family member who was seeking return of the jacket.

Last edited: