• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Roughwear - 'Eastman Swoop collar?'

A

Anonymous

269:
I say it IS there and therefore eastman are NOT incorrect.
Wrong! Even if it were there (and I really don't think it is) 99.99% of original Roughwears are NOT constructed with an Eastmanlike swoop. To be a good copy the characteristics of the general contract should be emulated- not some one-off mistake someone made on Hangover Monday! Do you want a Dubow with a rounded collar? I've heard of them- but if I buy a repro I want the pointy collar found on 99.99% of Dubows. Anyway- the Eastman swoop is found on all Eastmans regardless of contract- it's an Eastman characteristic. So you can use your magical thinking "I say it is and therefore..." but you and Eastman are still WRONG! :p

A

Anonymous

Chandler:
My flight jackets (repro or original, and not only ELC) are a mere fraction of what make me happy in this world. Might want to mull that over with your therapist.

Wow- you sure are well-adjusted and cool! Flight jackets are the only thing I think about in my gray pathetic little life- to the detriment of my poor wife and kids... I'm like the guy in the Ninth Gate- ready to make a deal with the devil for a repro that looks like an original (especially if the devil looked the devil in that movie...) spending all my time and money poring over WW2 and jacket books looking for details; staring at the computer screen looking at seam allowances and little tabs... no therapist would have me- terminal OCD...

A

Anonymous

Jake431 said:
If I thought the collar was the only problem eastman jackets had, I be fine. But they don't just look like originals to me.
eg:
werber1.jpg

or:
S5000009.jpg

Chandler

rotenhahn said:
Flight jackets are the only thing I think about in my gray pathetic little life- to the detriment of my poor wife and kids...

See, that's a good start -- step one on your way to a clean recovery, keep it up. On to believing in a power greater than yourself to restore your sanity.

:lol:

Chandler

fishmeok

I dunno, I don't think any of you guys are hardcore enough (Chapman excepted). To be TRULY hardcore you have to be willing to MAKE your own damn jacket. Like me :mrgreen:
Cheers
Mark

DSCN4154.jpg

DSCN4094.jpg

Chandler

fishmeok said:
I dunno, I don't think any of you guys are hardcore enough (Chapman excepted). To be TRULY hardcore you have to be willing to MAKE your own damn jacket. Like me :mrgreen:

Rot, I'll field this one...

Where's the damn wind flap on that damned jacket? ;)

Chandler