• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original RoughWear A-2 - 27752 info

Brettafett

This was my 27752 from circa 2008/9
John's sporting the first one... Pockets don't look too bad actually.
GW RW_4.jpg GWRW27752_1.JPG GWRW27752_2.JPG

Technonut2112

The 27752 is VERY easy to wear. The measurements are kind of deceptive since the same #'s in other A-2 patterns are more trim looking with less room. I wouldn't want the shoulders any tighter than the 18.5", or the chest less than the 23" P-P it is now (I have a 44" chest). I enjoy having the room to layer under it for extended winter wear. The jacket really "looks the business" IMO, and is my favorite out of the other repro contracts I've owned over the years.

DSCF0187 (2).jpg

DSCF0238 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Brettafett

My very first three top tier A-2s were all Eastman RW27752s (2001 to 2005).
The very first one was a stock size 40… I gave it a wash in tub (to try and age it a bit, I was quite ignorant back then ;) ) And let it air dry… Wore it when a little damp and when it dried, it was the most comfortable and delectable jacket I’d ever owned. It looked amazing and fit like a glove… but… the sleeves shrank way too much and I had to let it go. If I could have that jacket, with longer sleeves, I would not need any other. The other two were disasters in fit and sizing ;)

Technonut2112

I also had a RMNZ 1401-P, and a GW 18091 before, and prefer the 27752's fit and looks... As I mentioned in another thread, JC patterned the 27752 I have directly from an original size 44 as a comparison, so given that is my chest size, this is more or less EXACTLY the fit and look I would of received if issued that original jacket during the war.. ;) :cool:

Last edited:

Greg Gale

Pilot, not sure if you are aware, this has been posted on facebook by BK:

The Rough Wear 27752 pocket size.
A liar hidden behind the nickname "Pilot" on Vintage Leather Jackets Forum (VLJ) is doing everything in his powers to degrade us. He is accusing us that the pocket of our reproduction RW 27752 is the wrong size that is should be taller. Also that the sleeves of our jacket are baggy, that the fit is bad and that the leather is stiff and the quality is bad because the color is fading (!!!). What a cheap shot. Well for his info, the pocket of the RW 27752 jacket measures 6.5" x 5.75". Below we show you photos of the pockets of two original jackets with measurements and last you can see our repro with measurements. The last photo shows the sleeve of an original size 42 RW 27752 against our size 42 sleeve. As far as the color fading is concerned and the fit, coming up next with more photos to wipe in his face.

I’ll try and attach the pictures too

Greg Gale

They posted photos of an original 27752 and theirs, measuring the pockets with a ruler: 6.5x5.75”, plus this photo about the sleeves:

35DC0B64-4455-46D5-9499-37CA00414ED0.jpeg

(Don’t shoot the messenger!)

Pilot

Thx, nice original...my ex- BK´s pocket design was far away from that.
Check my posted BK photos...width and height of my pockets were similar...on the original (and on my GW) there is 3/4 " difference inbetween height (6,5") and width (5.75").This was only one of the many (photographed) flaws my ex-BK had.

silvio76

Thx, nice original...my ex- BK´s pocket design was far away from that.
Check my posted BK photos...width and height of my pockets were similar...on the original (and on my GW) there is 3/4 " difference inbetween height (6,5") and width (5.75").This was only one of the many (photographed) flaws my ex-BK had.
You are very popular on BK facebook page.:D:D

Last edited:

silvio76

My pleasure! have fun...compare and judge...besides it looks like his seams on his repros arms are on the wrong side...bravo!
I do not understand their madness. You have a right to say what you think about their jackets and your experience. What do you mean by that "seams on his repros arms are on the wrong side"?