• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original N3B USAF Parka

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
capt71 said:
The label in the parka is pretty worn, so I can't tell what contract it is, but it does say "Modified N3B".

What a great parting gift. ;)

With Modified on the label, it's likely to be one of about five SOUTHERN ATHLETIC CO., INC. contracts, circa 1963-1966.

Weasel_Loader

Pretty cool!!! I'm a retired Air Force Weapons Loader myself. Cool photo with you in front of the E model Phantom. I worked the G model (Weasels) for a few years when I first got to Germany. I'm lucky enough to still be involved with weapons loading today as a civilian. ;)

Tim P

Superb, I also like the big collar field jackets worn by ground crew at that time seen in that photo..

Tim P

Tim P said:
Superb, I also like the big collar field jackets worn by ground crew at that time seen in that photo..
Tim, I wish I'd gotten one of the field jackets also, but, unfortunately, I never did.[/quote]

I have a nice one fully badged with rank, original large twill TAC patch and my name/ US Air Force. Matches a set of fatigues and a red wool ball cap.

Weasel_Loader

Bill,

I came along long after you were there. I was in the AF from 1987-2000. I spent eight years in Germany from '92-00. We got rid of the F-4s in '94. Yeah, we usually went to Incirlik, Turkey at least twice a year. Only did Zaragoza, Spain once. Aviano once. Sardinia more times than I'd like. England a few times. The best by far was Stavanger, Norway. All great memories in Europe! :)

tgd31968

There is something about the combo of blue and green uniform parts I have always liked. Maybe because I grew up 5 miles from a SAC base and it brings back memories.

Great pic.