• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Mint WWII B-15 still in the box! Incredible!

Flightengineer

Dmitry, I bet that's the 109G that Mark Hanna did an incredible display in at Warbirds over Wanaka back in the mid 90s. Absolutely incredible!

Tim, I don’t remember exactly about Mark, but I heard this story several times. Also about this engine for Messerschmitt then wrote Tony Holmes.

Brettafett

Hate to be a party-pooper, but life too short. If you're not going to wear it, it will live folded up in a cupboard. Likely be passed on one day, to someone who has no clue what it is or why this 'furry bomber jacket' was never worn.
I get the collecting thing, but I'd find better things to spend $1200 on... Thats half a 30 min flight in Spitfire!

MikeyB-17

They’re a double-edged sword, this kind of thing. Incredible that it’s turned up, and indeed does give hope that there’s more like it out there somewhere, but what do you do with it? Keep it sealed up in the box, retaining its uniqueness, or wear it like it was made for? I think I’m tending towards keeping it boxed- there are still a fair few B-15’s around, very, very few still in the box, in as-new condition like that. And it was made to be worn in combat, in a war which ended a long time ago, so wearing it down the pub isn’t really the same. I can see both sides, but I don’t think I’d wear it. I’d like to see it kept in its current state.

Edward

bazelot

Just checked the seller's completed listing and found this A2 jacket with a box;

What the #$@@&%!!!!!!????? I didn't see that. 1941 in a box. truly incredible. I can't believe he only sold it for $1500. THis is unique. Never ever saw one in a box before. Stunning.

Pilot

This magnificent find show to all us that miracles sometimes happen and probably will be happen again while one are hiding something .... someone later finds it.

At the air show aout 15 years ago flew Me-109G , assembled from several different surviving aircraft. A DB-605 engine was installed on it was found in factory new condition in a walled up room in a factory for swimming equipment in Turin!

I have an M-51 field jacket that was found in the NOS condition in a hermetically sealed box in the attic of one of the homes for sale in US. Who packed it and why carefully glued it is no longer recognizable.
Mentioning the Me-109; during my little Bosnia/Serbia war time, we were chasing Me-109 parts for a Norvegian Air Force Cpt. restauring an Me-109 called “ Gelbe 3” ( yellow 3). Sold him ( hist first name was Birger...and he was from Bodø) a lot of instruments and other parts ...No more other records...memory...
Hope the Gelbe 3 is OK by now ....this guy was a real hunter and officer Gentleman...we needed the bucks...The Serbs and Bosians had it all still NOS from WW2.

Smithy

Mentioning the Me-109; during my little Bosnia/Serbia war time, we were chasing Me-109 parts for a Norvegian Air Force Cpt. restauring an Me-109 called “ Gelbe 3” ( yellow 3). Sold him ( hist first name was Birger...and he was from Bodø) a lot of instruments and other parts ...No more other records...memory...
Hope the Gelbe 3 is OK by now ....this guy was a real hunter and officer Gentleman...we needed the bucks...The Serbs and Bosians had it all still NOS from WW2.

Birger has retired now. BTW the 109 is pretty much finished ;-)

Smithy

Just checked the seller's completed listing and found this A2 jacket with a box;

If that's kosher then that is one of the finds of the decade, or several decades.

I can remember when I first joined up here how many said their holy grail was an A-2 in it's original packaging. OK so that's no longer IN its original packaging but at least it comes with it!

Pilot

Birger has retired now. BTW the 109 is pretty much finished ;-)
Wow! How small this little world is...Cpt. Larsen...if I am not mistaken...F-16.....A very nice Officer and Gentleman from tip to toe...
Happy to know the Gelbe 3 is doing great.. hundreds of parts from the Balkans (found during the Balkan wars)...and Hungary and Romania...Plus Flugwerke Messrs Wildmoser and Kolling ( or similar)..

Smithy

Wow! How small this little world is...Cpt. Larsen...if I am not mistaken...F-16.....A very nice Officer and Gentleman from tip to toe...
Happy to know the Gelbe 3 is doing great.. hundreds of parts from the Balkans...and Hungary and Romania...

One of the longest jobs in terms of time was the wings. They were done by a crowd in Hungary. It's going into the military exhibition and will sit alongside the Spit and the 190.