• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original label ?

bombs away

Hi,

I have one jacket in my collection with a label from Rough Wear.
If you look at the picture, you can see old stitching holes. There was surely another bigger label originally sewn.
Two questions :
Do you think that the label is a (old) repro ?
Do you think that the jacket is a Rough Wear ?
Thanks.

Tim.

2442625454_9d035a9dc3_b.jpg

2442625666_a6bdb3cebb_b.jpg

Roughwear

Judging by the stitch holes, the jacket had a larger label and Dubow comes to mind. The collar is too pointed for a RW and is just like a Dubow.It does not appear to have a collar stand? Looking at the pocket shape its also seems to be a Dubow. The spec label looks like a repro. Nice jacket BTW.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Even I thought Dubow ... and I know nothing about originals. But the label is certainly new, the threads that form the lettering are running the wrong way.

Maybe Mr. Chapman would have a replacement.

airfrogusmc

Maybe just to put a label on it. Theres plenty of both still around. I don't know if the 1401 is worth that much more than the 27798. Anybody else know?

Roughwear

airfrogusmc said:
Maybe just to put a label on it. Theres plenty of both still around. I don't know if the 1401 is worth that much more than the 27798. Anybody else know?

The 1401p is the rarer jacket, judging by how infrequently they come up for sale. The 27798 contract was the largest awarded to Dubow and a much larger one than the RW.

A

Anonymous

The jacket is 100% a Dubow- the stitch holes below the bottom of the Roughwear label confirm its Dubowness. I have been fooled by wrong labels before- it seems to happen alot. My current Roughwear 18091 came with a Roughwear 27752 label.

Roughwear

It was a size 42, but I sold this Dubow last year. The patch is original, but not to the jacket. Knits are replacements.