• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL KINGS POINT MFG. CO. NASA JACKET FROM APOLLO XV ASTRONAUT JAMES IRWIN

sbatt

Jorge- I wanted to reply and add some more twists in regarding NASA flight jackets and flight suits and I am certainly no authority. I am attaching a couple of NASA blue flight jacket photos, different but similar than the astronaut style, recently being reproduced. My father wore this jacket and others while flying for NASA in the mid 60's through the mid 90's. Somewhere in the conversation threads, I read a number of the comments from the son of the founder of Flite Wear. His comments were terrific. I believe I am close to his age (mid/late 60's), and I too can remember, through my father, the excitement and anticipation that surrounding the entire NASA research efforts/space launches.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1969 D6.jpg
    1969 D6.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 130

CombatWombat

That is a pretty nice model, @sbatt! After all these years I have realized that there are an interesting amount of different models from Flite Wear jackets and flight suits, they even produced WEP jackets, it is really cool to see a new one! Thanks for sharing.View attachment 80489View attachment 80488
Wait Flite Wear make WEP jackets now?
I spent years trawling through militaria forums and fleaBay to get two of these badboys (to badge them up as SGC and SG-1 jackets)
I think my bank account is going to be a little stressed this month lol