• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original flight jacket question

Calderoni

Hallo guys,

this is my first post and i wanted to know from you guys if you could help me. I'm an aviation fan and i wanted to start collecting original Nonmex JAcket really used in air force or Navy. Could you tell me what's the real manifacturer/ brand that produces this jackets? I heard about nomex but looking on ebay about CWU-36 i found many different brands like Isratex, Creative apparel Assoc, Alpha Industries, Gibraltar INC, Valley apparel LLC... Which is the real brand really used by the USAF or Navy crew?
I first bought a Valley apparel jacket size Large and it was very short for me even if the sleeves were ok. i'm 192 cm (i live in Rome) and i usually usexl - 2xl for the normal jacket. What should i look for? The fit smaller right?
What's the difference between CWU 36 and CWU 45?
Many thanks for your kind help; i really appreciate it

Cal

Monsoon

CWU 36 is a summer jacket, the 45 is a winter weight jacket.

When it comes to brands, I don't think any branch had one brand that was exclusive. The CWU stuff came out to be issued to all branches. Both of mine were made by Isratex.

watchmanjimg

All of the brands you mentioned were/are government contractors, so jackets by any of them would have been issued.

Rutger

I got a few, and don't notice any difference in quality; I hardly ever wear them though, too many to choose from.

Measurements vary considerably, the later date jackets appear bigger than early production. I got a Propper L that's easily an XL, you might want to try a very recent Propper, or maybe go for an XL. I also got two in L that are so close to Medium that they are unwearable to me. Take measurements of your current jackets, ask measurements from sellers, and hope all are measuring the same way.