• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Dubow BIN $750...

bazelot

I sold a Dubow to a forum member that looked exactly the same in the same condition a year ago. Sold it for less than that though. Now I realize that was good deal. Actually I think the prices of A-2s went up significantly in the last year.

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
HHjackets said:
that's what people do in the UK during weekdays! browse ebay at 2am!

Perhaps he worked nights. Not a forum member by any chance?

the heights of great bargains reached and kept
were not attained by sudden flights
they while their companions slept were trawling ebay thru'out the nite............

poet laurette wannabe

shanghai joe

bazelot said:
I sold a Dubow to a forum member that looked exactly the same in the same condition a year ago. Sold it for less than that though. Now I realize that was good deal. Actually I think the prices of A-2s went up significantly in the last year.

Baze,is it the same jkt?

It was mentioned that the male side is parting..........did yours have the same condition?

Sherlock Holmes

HHjackets

shanghai joe said:
Roughwear said:
HHjackets said:
that's what people do in the UK during weekdays! browse ebay at 2am!

Perhaps he worked nights. Not a forum member by any chance?

the heights of great bargains reached and kept
were not attained by sudden flights
they while their companions slept were trawling ebay thru'out the nite............

poet laurette wannabe

i did set the alarm once to get up and place the last bid on an aero front quarter horsehide highwayman once, the seller listed it by mistake to go live at 6 when he meant 18.00 which also means it would end at 6am
no one placed the last bid as people are usually asleep then and lucky me, no one interested in the jacket was working that night either! i got it for £124!

in case the buyer is a forum member, i didn't mean anything bad by it as i've been on ebay at 2am myself! and my apologies in advance, enjoy the jacket!

Roughwear

HHjackets said:
i did set the alarm once to get up and place the last bid on an aero front quarter horsehide highwayman once, the seller listed it by mistake to go live at 6 when he meant 18.00 which also means it would end at 6am
no one placed the last bid as people are usually asleep then and lucky me, no one interested in the jacket was working that night either! i got it for £124!

in case the buyer is a forum member, i didn't mean anything bad by it as i've been on ebay at 2am myself! and my apologies in advance, enjoy the jacket!

I used sniping software to avoid having to stay up at night. However it was pure chance that the guy snapped up the Dubow. I have done the same, but not at 2am!

HHjackets

Roughwear said:
I used sniping software to avoid having to stay up at night. However it was pure chance that the guy snapped up the Dubow. I have done the same, but not at 2am!

the main reason i don't use it is because i have more control without it , eg:
jacket is on £45 and you set the snipe for £150
last minute bids come in and the price goes up, highest bidder's bid shows at £150, the next highest bidder's bid who bid in the last minute shows as £149.80
which means now you know that the highest bidder's max bid is £150 and you may have time to go back a page and increase your bid (assuming more than a few seconds are left). with sniping software you couldn't do that, even if your bid was £151 you would still lose because of the bid increments ie if bid increments were to go up by £2 once the bid is at £150, you would need £152 to get your bid registered, £151 would not be enough.
this actually happened to me, i had enough time to go back a page and enter a higher amount and win the jacket.

Roughwear

HHjackets said:
Roughwear said:

last minute bids come in and the price goes up, highest bidder's bid shows at £150, the next highest bidder's bid who bid in the last minute shows as £149.80
which means now you know that the highest bidder's max bid is £150 and you may have time to go back a page and increase your bid (assuming more than a few seconds are left). with sniping software you couldn't do that, even if your bid was £151 you would still lose because of the bid increments ie if bid increments were to go up by £2 once the bid is at £150, you would need £152 to get your bid registered, £151 would not be enough.
this actually happened to me, i had enough time to go back a page and enter a higher amount and win the jacket.

I have won and lost through sniping. I always a set a maximum which I would not bid beyond, so if I'm out-bid in the last few seconds someone else gets the item! In the past I have sometimes left a big bid before going to bed only to discover I have been outbid in the last minute. With sniping you set the bid hours before and other bidders do not know you are there! It has enabled me to buy from the States at slightly cheaper prices than had I bid manually.

shanghai joe

HHjackets said:
Roughwear said:

you can overide the sniping s'ware by manually enterng your bid thru normal channels.

or you can have two ebay id's

edward de bono........lateral thinking

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
you can overide the sniping s'ware by manually enterng your bid thru normal channels.

or you can have two ebay id's

edward de bono........lateral thinking

Very true, Joe.
:D