• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Dubow 1755 as new (almost)

2BM2K

A few photo's to replace Photobucket links.

back1.JPG
colar3.JPG
collar2.JPG
front1.JPG

2BM2K

For the record and for anyone considering a repro of this contract, the thread colour
is grey-green.

colour.JPG

stanier

I’m probably asking a question that will make some shudder, so apologies, but could anything be done to clean the metal parts up? Or just wear and use the jacket? I’ve never hankered after an original because of it looking (and pongin’?!) 70 plus years old, I like ‘em looking like they’re used through the 30’s and 40’s, but if I could find one looking as nice and clean as this I just might be tempted!

Skyhawk

I’m probably asking a question that will make some shudder, so apologies, but could anything be done to clean the metal parts up? Or just wear and use the jacket? I’ve never hankered after an original because of it looking (and pongin’?!) 70 plus years old, I like ‘em looking like they’re used through the 30’s and 40’s, but if I could find one looking as nice and clean as this I just might be tempted!

I would say just leave the metal alone. The discoloration is just cosmetic most of the time, and it adds patina that shows the age of the jacket. You could try nevr-dull but I'm not sure if you would want to get that on the leather so you would have to be careful.

2BM2K

So far only worn it indoors. Don't really have any plans to wear it outdoors, not going anywhere
that might be a suitable occassion.

Geoff

mulceber

Really stunning piece, and definitely worth wearing (gently). The thing that stands out for me (and it's definitely not the most important part) is what outstanding condition the liner is in. None of the usual staining and small tears I normally see in photos of originals. If I was just going by the inside, I'd swear it was a great repro.

...and the leather's pretty cool too. :p