• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original D-1 by S.H. Knopf 1943 contract, heavily patched and modded, size medium (pic heavy)

Nik

Laquer finish is mostly gone, revealing the natural undyed sheepskin. Luckily what's left doesn't dandruff at all. Some repairs are professional and apparently rather old, some are non-pro but well done, some are crude.

dHjIV4x.jpg

wcPFgmt.jpg

dbjOhdO.jpg

K0CwjiR.jpg

5hcSPfx.jpg

eT2AIzO.jpg

O71EOaL.jpg

7OUHyd9.jpg

zuoYC6H.jpg

A66NRy4.jpg

jjYMdrw.jpg

s0pW5mF.jpg

mdt5uN2.jpg

6zY7QjA.jpg

p3DnBr5.jpg

4ve5Qon.jpg

mcobIBg.jpg

Ly3O07B.jpg

DJuDXYT.jpg

Last edited:

Nik

TgCeBAJ.jpg

zYWp16R.jpg

ot5xejn.jpg

ZMODKBV.jpg

wMg1gzz.jpg

MND4wKI.jpg

L9L7nLT.jpg

jNTaJDN.jpg

bLWgi1O.jpg

suwH2Ik.jpg

HWS54LK.jpg

4IdbF9m.jpg

QaMRIX2.jpg

First image below: The label of this jacket, barely readable. Basically it`s the same as the second jacket below (different jacket posted recently on this forum, not mine, sorry I forgot the username and I can't replicate where I found the pics) except for the specification no.

The contract/order no. is the same.

D0tc9Hd.jpg

QKENPid.jpg

blackrat2

Man that’s seen some action
Very heavily patched over the years, it’s amazing how the colour literally falls off compared to Irvins of a similar age
Thanks for posting

daw

I assume this would fall apart like wet toilet paper if you tried to wear it. Took some effort for someone to do all the repairs.

B-Man2

Unfortunately US Sheepskin jackets produced during WWII, have a problem when it comes to aging . Mostly due to the tanning methods used during that period. Sadly not many of them are fit to wear and are better used as display pieces.

Carl

The 43 prefix to the order number is the fiscal year , this jacket could have well been manufactured in 1942

Reactions: Nik