• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL Condor Legion Luftwaffe Leather Flying Jacket!

Rory Schultz

I wish you gentlemen would post the photo and not just the link only. After awhile the link is dead and us late comers do not get to see the photo for reference.

Rory Schultz

Here is what I have found out so far about a couple of Ebay con men... " Marira3 is also at-buben," "Colvinex is also audemas.duval and skippi1963 " whose real name is Ron Erbin who lives in Germany. By the way, I do not agree with his methods of fudging on his items( he says embellishment) to make a sale but he did send me a video showing off his collection and he does have a houseful of stuff. Quite a bit of WW2 items. It is like he found some warehouse full of junk somewhere. It is literally piled up all over his home!

Then there is one guy who tries to sell everything as authentic WW2 items when they are reproductions etc......markr1568
This guy claims he has authentic Luftwaffe items when that said item has an obvious label that says " Made in Germany "
or makes claims of post WW2 design biker jackets as being WW2 Luftwaffe etc. He has listed a pair of post WW2 riding jodhpurs in beige gaberdine which says Made in Germany on it and he claims it is WW2 DAK. One item he also listed is a pair of riding jodhpurs claiming they are German WW2 officers but here is the kicker...it has a British Patent label on it! ROFLMAO
And this is real laugh your butt off moment....when he had an authentic item he misidentified it selling it cheap.....lol lol lol

( Good guy not a scammer ) There is one guy who prefers to sell only the German made racing jackets from 1930's but from time to time he does have authentic WW2 items. His prices are very high for these rare collectables. He goes by the name of
11.gespensterdivision

( I would buy from this seller )
He does have authentic jackets from the 30's and most are in near perfect condition but he asks a great deal of money for them. He claims no Luftwaffe pilot ever wore a German racing jacket but I showed him a couple pics of several Luftwaffe pilots wearing them in Spanish Civil War as did Hans Merseilles in North Africa. Also these same jackets are in a museum being worn by Luftwaffe. He got mad at for showing that bit of info to him.

The other seller I would purchase from is
antikbuchexpress. He does a fair arrangement with authentic items.

When I find out more I will let you guys know......

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

Well Ron a.k.a. as Colvinex aka as audemas.duval is posting a very nice pre ww2 jacket on the ebay.de for a king's amount of money. I noticed a strange part of it.....the waist buckle is odd. I saw this jacket long before he posted it. It was under a pile of jackets in the corner of his room. Even if I was wealthy I would never pay these amounts. I love to goober sellers down to the vegemite level of the barrel! Here is the link

https://www.ebay.de/itm/223557513422?ul_noapp=true Be careful of the sticker shock! It is an awesome jacket but........between putting food on the table vs. purchasing this jacket? My tapeworm is going to win every time! I added the pic incase you can't get to the site. Oh he also has posted a video about it too.

s-l1600 pre war.jpg

B-Man2

Well Ron a.k.a. as Colvinex aka as audemas.duval is posting a very nice pre ww2 jacket on the ebay.de for a king's amount of money. I noticed a strange part of it.....the waist buckle is odd. I saw this jacket long before he posted it. It was under a pile of jackets in the corner of his room. Even if I was wealthy I would never pay these amounts. I love to goober sellers down to the vegemite level of the barrel! Here is the link

https://www.ebay.de/itm/223557513422?ul_noapp=true Be careful of the sticker shock! It is an awesome jacket but........between putting food on the table vs. purchasing this jacket? My tapeworm is going to win every time! I added the pic incase you can't get to the site. Oh he also has posted a video about it too.

View attachment 20912
I wouldn’t care if this was Herman Gorings personal flight jacket and that it came with his Blue Max. I wouldn’t pay those kind of prices for it.

Silver Surfer

i only know of only one "lw" jacket that came with rock solid documentation, and provenance, ie: family letters, photos, service records, etc. it was purchased by a former vlj member who spent a good deal of time to be sure that the jacket was indeed what it was purported to be. he spent a little over 1k for it about 3-4 years ago.

B-Man2

i only know of only one "lw" jacket that came with rock solid documentation, and provenance, ie: family letters, photos, service records, etc. it was purchased by a former vlj member who spent a good deal of time to be sure that the jacket was indeed what it was purported to be. he spent a little over 1k for it about 3-4 years ago.
8 K for a jacket with no provenance. This guy must be smokin somethin..,

Smithy

Where's the provenance?

Like so much on FleaBay, there is none!

I retold this story here before but I'll tell it again as it's brilliant. The best one I ever saw was a listing for a genuine, real deal, yup this is the actual thing, joystick from a Sopwith Camel. The photos of this illustrious and rare object were of...a wooden chair leg.

I'm not saying this is the same as that but like Steve says, if you're going to sink a wad of cash on something like this, you'd want some solid provenance, well I would!

But even so at 8 grand it's ridiculously overpriced. That kind of price might get reached from a jacket with confirmed provenance from a well known Experte.

Silver Surfer

chair leg, hahahahahhahah. reminds me of when my brother and i [ages 12 and 11] went to the ripleys "museum" on bway in times square to look at all of the weird shit. a look at a real bat was offered for for a nickel [5 cents]. we ponied up the nickel and peered into a peep hole, and there sure as shit was a real bat.....yup, you got it, a baseball bat hanging on a string....a real bat.

Last edited:

Bombing IP

That reminds me of a Summer fair I went to and there was this shed with a sign outside sixpence to see the water otter . I paid and went inside there was a wooden crate with straw in it with a kettle sittin on top .

BIP

Rory Schultz

ROFLMAO!!!! My point exactly! I told you there would be sticker shock! Yes, smokin the real shit.....the one from last night's dinner! lol
Love the chair leg story...….. useful in so many ways too...like beating the seller over the head with it... then shoving it up his Sopwith Camel!

There is one even better than that one...….a Catholic woman claimed God came and spoke to her thru her toast, the toast even had an image of Jesus on it! It was on buy now sale for 25k. And then, get this, there was a bidding war on it! lol

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

He sent me an offer of 1500. off the 8000. for 6500. I told him it did not have any provenance to merit such money. He said no problem that if he did not sell it on Ebay he had a German buyer willing to pay 3000. Euros. Even though I keep trying to reason with Ron about what he is doing, he continues living in some dream. I told him that he has developed a very bad reputation, but it is in one ear and out the other... He is interested in money only. I told him that I could have a leather jacket custom made using period zippers, even leather from the 30's, and period threading done for a cheaper amount than his price and make claims it was some famous aviators. But, informed him I wouldn't do that.....if I have one custom made, damn sure I am keeping that bitch! lmao
I still have the video he sent me showing his stuff......I did notice something very strange about the jacket.....it has some of the fanciest and costly zippers for that time period but has the cheapest piece of crap tin buckle in the front. That buckle has me thinking it has been added that it was not original to the jacket nor the fur collar, all of that has been added to make it look fancier than originally. Take a close look around the bottom section, you can see some very bad hem stitching as well as the inverted stitching for the buckle straps. I believe this jacket has been altered from a plain jacket, adding the zippers/pockets,(if you look close to the top and bottom edge the stitching is off a little) this happens when adding pockets and stitching post made coat. Because sections of coats and jackets having pockets/zippers are made before the sections are sewn together to form the coat. Enlarge the image and you can see where the whole bottom area is all off on the stitching..... It is very difficult to add pockets post made jackets. And that fur collar .....too fresh for the so called age of the jacket. I have researched every where for 1920's thru 30's and have not found anything resembling this jacket. Still looking around, I have a feeling there has been a lot of altering this jacket to make it look unique.

s-l1600  1930s Luftwaffe jacket.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

He sent me an offer of 1500. off the 8000. for 6500. I told him it did not have any provenance to merit such money. He said no problem that if he did not sell it on Ebay he had a German buyer willing to pay 3000. Euros. Even though I keep trying to reason with Ron about what he is doing, he continues living in some dream. I told him that he has developed a very bad reputation, but it is in one ear and out the other... He is interested in money only. I told him that I could have a leather jacket custom made using period zippers, even leather from the 30's, and period threading done for a cheaper amount than his price and make claims it was some famous aviators. But, informed him I wouldn't do that.....if I have one custom made, damn sure I am keeping that bitch! lmao
I still have the video he sent me showing his stuff......I did notice something very strange about the jacket.....it has some of the fanciest and costly zippers for that time period but has the cheapest piece of crap tin buckle in the front. That buckle has me thinking it has been added that it was not original to the jacket nor the fur collar, all of that has been added to make it look fancier than originally. Take a close look around the bottom section, you can see some very bad hem stitching as well as the inverted stitching for the buckle straps. I believe this jacket has been altered from a plain jacket, adding the zippers/pockets,(if you look close to the top and bottom edge the stitching is off a little) this happens when adding pockets and stitching post made coat. Because sections of coats and jackets having pockets/zippers are made before the sections are sewn together to form the coat. Enlarge the image and you can see where the whole bottom area is all off on the stitching..... It is very difficult to add pockets post made jackets. And that fur collar .....too fresh for the so called age of the jacket. I have researched every where for 1920's thru 30's and have not found anything resembling this jacket. Still looking around, I have a feeling there has been a lot of altering this jacket to make it look unique.

View attachment 21120
Personally ... I think the jacket looks like anything BUT..,,a military jacket.

Rory Schultz

I just went back over and watched the video, he claims it is a mid 1920's jacket. Main zipper is Zipp with the lightning bolt The zippers on the sleeves and sleeves say Luco ....Francaise and what is also interesting is a side zipper.