• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL Condor Legion Luftwaffe Leather Flying Jacket!

John Lever

Andrew, I am no expert as we all know, but it seems to me that there is huge scope for BS regarding these jackets. To my inexpert eye, this is another motorcycle jacket based on a 30's design. It could be from the 30's, but without provenance how can any one say this from the Spanish civil war ?
At least it's not a Dutch cut off long leather coat !

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-Condor-Legion-Luftwaffe-Leather-Flying-Jacket_W0QQitemZ250264253771

Bike jacket? Provenance? Still a nice looking jacket.

beware.........seller bought jkt form COLVINEX...........ring bells? colvinex......the general......osorio ?!!

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
Roughwear said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-Condor-Legion-Luftwaffe-Leather-Flying-Jacket_W0QQitemZ250264253771

Bike jacket? Provenance? Still a nice looking jacket.

beware.........seller bought jkt form COLVINEX...........ring bells? colvinex......the general......osorio ?!!

Interesting! Perhaps this suggests the jacket is not quite what it is advertised as? ;)

havocpaul

With no provenence whatsoever another of those highly disputable claims for it being a Luftwaffe jacket again. Will at Aero might well have valued at £1000 but he's no more an expert than the rest of us and is only throwing in a ball-park figure...what would Aero actually pay for it?! Another example of the mis-used term 'Luftwaffe' when describing these leather jackets. It opens a mighty can of worms. Leave alone or buy at risk. I've stated my opinion before on these, the posting about that jacket Andrew sold as possible Luftwaffe, remember how that jacket got resold and the history fabricated by the new seller in Germany. There are examples of issued Luftwaffe jackets out there, the shearling ones or kanal jackets but I suppose these civilian private purchase ones carry more glamour due to their depiction in many movies.

Andrew

Interesting Seller this fellow, appeared on Ebay last month selling some fantastic stuff. He's obviously been around a while and has reinvented himself as this new personality.

shanghai joe

Leadsky said:
Interesting Seller this fellow, appeared on Ebay last month selling some fantastic stuff. He's obviously been around a while and has reinvented himself as this new personality.

he could have registered himself as UK or get a proxy to do his work from germany???

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:
With no provenence whatsoever another of those highly disputable claims for it being a Luftwaffe jacket again. Will at Aero might well have valued at £1000 but he's no more an expert than the rest of us and is only throwing in a ball-park figure...what would Aero actually pay for it?! Another example of the mis-used term 'Luftwaffe' when describing these leather jackets. It opens a mighty can of worms. Leave alone or buy at risk. I've stated my opinion before on these, the posting about that jacket Andrew sold as possible Luftwaffe, remember how that jacket got resold and the history fabricated by the new seller in Germany. There are examples of issued Luftwaffe jackets out there, the shearling ones or kanal jackets but I suppose these civilian private purchase ones carry more glamour due to their depiction in many movies.

i think Will mentioned IF..........so there's a proviso...............if it's original, then.........

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Leadsky said:

Very strange ....

Bombphoons!! is the new 'selling' site for "theB17s". If you have bought from us before you will be fully aware of the high standards of Ebaying we offer. As the theB17s we have completed over 600 very successful Ebay transactions without using Paypal, please check theB17s feedback with only one neutral. However, because of the new Ebay rules regarding sellers feedback and Paypal we decided to set up a new site solely for selling and offering Paypal. You will still receive the highest quality service from us, we simply decided to differentiate our Paypal and non-Paypal sites.

spitfire

If only these sellers would not class it as a genuine ww2 luftwaffe jacket.to be honest and fair,these jackets are damn good looking,and look good quality.i just wish the sellers would create an new niche market for them,re naming the whole range with a more respectable term.The mish mash unique designs of these jackets are pretty remarkable,and they look pretty impressive in the pictures.I wish they would create a new terminology for the ranges they have,instead of using and implying they are original ww2 luftwaffe jackets.
I would like to buy a couple of their jackets,but i feel,and think,because they claim they are original,i will always be a knumbskull mug when i wear them,not only to myself,but regarding the sellers thinking of me aswell.They have created a new fashion style,which could go down well in the right market,like rock bands etc,and to my eye,would look pretty good on a few female models aswell.I wish they would utilize their home made style,and sell them as they are,a new fashion style,rather than try and jerk everyone off that they are all original.I can really see these jackets going down well in modern london,worn by the likes of pete doherty and the rest of the silly twits he hangs out with.

havocpaul

quote "....worn by the likes of pete doherty and the rest of the silly twits he hangs out with."

Not enough hidden pockets for all the narcotics for that loser...with him always wearing a daft hat too is he on the Fed Lounge?

jacketimp

spitfire said:
If only these sellers would not class it as a genuine ww2 luftwaffe jacket.to be honest and fair,these jackets are damn good looking,and look good quality.i just wish the sellers would create an new niche market for them,re naming the whole range with a more respectable term.The mish mash unique designs of these jackets are pretty remarkable,and they look pretty impressive in the pictures.I wish they would create a new terminology for the ranges they have,instead of using and implying they are original ww2 luftwaffe jackets.
I would like to buy a couple of their jackets,but i feel,and think,because they claim they are original,i will always be a knumbskull mug when i wear them,not only to myself,but regarding the sellers thinking of me aswell.They have created a new fashion style,which could go down well in the right market,like rock bands etc,and to my eye,would look pretty good on a few female models aswell.I wish they would utilize their home made style,and sell them as they are,a new fashion style,rather than try and jerk everyone off that they are all original.I can really see these jackets going down well in modern london,worn by the likes of pete doherty and the rest of the silly twits he hangs out with.

i think they're cool jkts on their own and if priced accordingly why not? It's only when they're priced as original luftwaffee...... that sucks!

jacketimp

havocpaul said:
quote "....worn by the likes of pete doherty and the rest of the silly twits he hangs out with."

Not enough hidden pockets for all the narcotics for that loser...with him always wearing a daft hat too is he on the Fed Lounge?

maybe he stashed the goodies in his hat........?

Roughwear

Now this is interesting. The jacket "sold" for £520. The winning bidder was "theb17s", the non Paypal identity of the seller, a fact which he mentions in the listing! He inflated the price by around £200 through this sharp practice. I wonder whether the person who bid £510 will receive a second chance offer! :shock:

Andrew

Roughwear said:
Now this is interesting. The jacket "sold" for £520. The winning bidder was "theb17s", the non Paypal identity of the seller, a fact which he mentions in the listing! He inflated the price by around £200 through this sharp practice. I wonder whether the person who bid £510 will receive a second chance offer! :shock:

Now that is outrageous (best fit word for this practice)! That's the most blatant example of shill bidding i've ever seen and he's not even attempted to disguise it. He's placed several bids 4 days beofre the end of the auction to get things boiling, then another 2 in the last day, the last of which was an attempt to push up the highest bidders top price but unfortunately for him he's actually gone past it and has been left as the highest bidder himself with no more takers.

He's going to be reported for that i'm sure.